• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking my solemn vow of silence here for just one minute.
Charles Krauthammer passed and whether you agreed with him or not (and I for one disagreed with him 50% of the time, at least), he really stood up for what makes this country great.
Wish more of us had the gumption, and civility, he did ... in things big and small.
Now, back to a place where observations are not anonymously labeled "spam" ...

Last edited:
I have now seen all I need to know that the Cardinals will never see another World Series (or even threaten) again as long as Matheny is in charge. :mad::mad:

Charles Krauthammer passed and whether you agreed with him or not (and I for one disagreed with him 50% of the time, at least), he really stood up for what makes this country great.
Wish more of us had the gumption, and civility, he did ... in things big and small.

no idea what caused you to leave, but this "woe is me" routine isn't gaining you any favor

No idea why you're not posting much or even doing anything elsewhere. Glad you stopped by at least.

In other news, it is time to recooperete from wisdom tooth surgery. So I may not be around much the next few days.

When is someone going to discuss weather prospects in and around 4th of July? None of the weather forums are even giving it time of day. Is it probably going to be the typical 20-30 percent of afternoon pop-ups with highs in the 90s? Stalled front/washout, severe event? Or, the swimming pool lover's dream... Mostly sunny and giving the triple digits a real run?

No idea why you're not posting much or even doing anything elsewhere. Glad you stopped by at least.

In other news, it is time to recooperete from wisdom tooth surgery. So I may not be around much the next few days.
Man up! I had all 4 cut out at once! They grew in sideways, pushed all my teeth together , causing the pain! And roots had somehow grown around my jaw bone! Good times!

Man up! I had all 4 cut out at once! They grew in sideways, pushed all my teeth together , causing the pain! And roots had somehow grown around my jaw bone! Good times!
I had all 4 cut out too but im doing way better today now that the worst is past. You had it rougher though since 2 were going out and away from my mouth toward my cheek and the lower 2 were going up at an angle.

I had all 4 cut out too but im doing way better today now that the worst is past. You had it rougher though since 2 were going out and away from my mouth toward my cheek and the lower 2 were going up at an angle.
Yeah, I had jello pudding cups for like a week straight, chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch. Have never eaten it since! The damn holes seem like they would never heal!

I was supposed to have 4 wisdom teeth pulled, but only got 2 removed 5 years ago. I actually threw up what little fluids and a milkshake/pudding I could handle the first day after the surgery. The other two I was told was risky to remove because the root of the teeth were too close to a nerve. I still haven't gotten them taken out, they don't bother me anyway.

Due to my size, I could only be given enough anesthesia in the dentist office to do 2 at a time, or go all the way under at a hospital and get all 4 cut out! #BIGPEOPLEPROBLEMS

Hopefully, you’ll resume posting regularly in the near future. My feeling is that you’ve been a significant net benefit to this board mainly due to a combo of encouraging others to post about the general forecast pattern, especially during quiet wx times, with your numerous posts even during quiet wx; the time you’ve devoted to wiki; and your financial contributions. I’m sure the board would still be going without you, but you’ve made it better than it otherwise would be imo due to your overall enthusiasm to making it the best wx board possible. No matter what, this board is way better than that other one. Also, it is always fun to hear about your great enjoyment of weekend southern eating. ;) Also, I like it better when I’m not the southernmost active poster. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back