• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Solar Eclipse (August 21, 2017)

Shawn

Administrator
Reaction score
It's a ways away, but this is going to be one of the coolest events for many areas in the Southeast! Here's some information about it:
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/

Here around Columbia, SC; We are in one of the best spots for the event with a full 2 minute and 30 second total eclipse. Hotels are already sold out.

Last edited:
I am close to where the full eclipse is going to be. May consider driving up northeast to see it at its full peak. If I can't I should still have a nice view of a partial one.

It's really tempting to drive to the full eclipse area I'm not sure I'm ready to make that trip yet

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

It's really tempting to drive to the full eclipse area I'm not sure I'm ready to make that trip yet

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I recommend you do drive as I believe it will be better than any snow storm you could ever witness. I haven't seen a full solar eclipse yet myself but I will see this one as I am almost right in one of the best spots in the USA. From what I've read from people who have witnessed them in real life, it's like nothing they have ever seen before. I should rent my house out as I'd probably make some sweet coin!

I recommend you do drive as I believe it will be better than any snow storm you could ever witness. I haven't seen a full solar eclipse yet myself but I will see this one as I am almost right in one of the best spots in the USA. From what I've read from people who have witnessed them in real life, it's like nothing they have ever seen before. I should rent my house out as I'd probably make some sweet coin!
Party at Olhausen's place in August! Free pool maybe? ;)

I am going to make the trip. We will have the eclipse live on the site and the FB page for those that wont be able to see it

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I am going to make the trip. We will have the eclipse live on the site and the FB page for those that wont be able to see it

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Going up to Blairsville to see it. Have the glasses to see it safely as well. Can't miss it, since the next one close to this one is around 2040, and that is further south too.

The wife and I are going to visit friends in Charleston on 8/19 and staying for the eclipse. A perfect excuse to escape to the beach for a few days!

Due to realization that Blairsville was mentioned on the news, and the roads are one lane and winding getting there, I will be northwest of Talullah Falls instead. The road is far easier and faster, plus the eclipse lasts 12 seconds longer and there is more space to see the sky.

Due to realization that Blairsville was mentioned on the news, and the roads are one lane and winding getting there, I will be northwest of Talullah Falls instead. The road is far easier and faster, plus the eclipse lasts 12 seconds longer and there is more space to see the sky.
All of this, of course, is contingent on Shetley not getting his entire SE rain that day ... :confused:
Blairsville would nice if you are just north/ due north-east of town in the big parking lot ... :(

Back