• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie you got talent to get banned from American by just not logging on for three weeks...Big brother must be watching you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look out kid
It’s somethin’ you did
God knows when
But you’re doin’ it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin’ for a new friend
The man in the coon-skin cap
By the big pen
Wants eleven dollar bills
You only got ten

Look out kid
It’s somethin’ you did
God knows when
But you’re doin’ it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin’ for a new friend
The man in the coon-skin cap
By the big pen
Wants eleven dollar bills
You only got ten
Stroke it Clarence, but don't stroke to fast, if my stuff ain't tight enough , stick it __ __ ___!
God, what a gifted song writer and singer! Clarence Carter! :)

The march thread be like ......
cde53af7c1a7415579bddb6dc6444432.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't let it bring you down, it's only models burning

The March thread isn't even about March anymore lol. It is just back and forth about science, and I feel the end result is someone will be chased away from this forum. :( I think we need a facepalm icon now as well.

Just catching up and I'm not real sure but to be on the safe side I'm stocking up on spf 50 and a couple extra heavy coats, I'm covered either way

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Goodnight - but beforehand - a thought:
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. - Benjamin Franklin
I think some should have left a lot unsaid. We lost a member because of that. :( I feel we can avoid such a thing next time. If it looks like the argument is going great get ugly, drop it. It isn't worth it to lose members with input. That is how you get forums full of trolls because they slowly remove the good members. I would hate to say this, but looking at the posts on the thread, the staff here was adding to the bashing from what I could tell, but correct me if I am wrong. Let's try not to go after a specific member, that's just wrong in my opinion.

Last edited:
I think some should have left a lot unsaid. We lost a member because of that. :( I feel we can avoid such a thing next time. If it looks like the argument is going great get ugly, drop it. It isn't worth it to lose members with input. That is how you get forums full of trolls because they slowly remove the good members. Let's try not to go after a specific member, that's just wrong in my opinion.
No one was going after a specific member. Challenging someone's ideas isn't going after them , in fact it's good for everyone. Asking for actual proof isn't going after someone. How people react to being challenged is up to them. People (including myself ) need to do a better job of listening to others opinions and ideas vs automatically assuming they are being attacked. One thing I learned years ago is, it's better to listen to all ideas vs assuming your own idea is always correct . We didn't lose a member . That member you speak of has walked away 4 times in the last month .

Well, I'm back, I was just pissed off last night, just needed a short break. You know how you get pissed off and you say things that you don't mean it? well, that was me last night. It's all good y'all, I'll just start blocking members if they try to go down on me, if they can't take my thought's - thought's that are possible, then oh well. We're here as an open discussion, and if someone can't take someone's input/opinion then don't make a show out of it. End of story.

Well, after a surprise $200+ of new annuals yesterday, thanks to my better half, that locks in a March freeze ... LOL

From JAMSTEC today (obviously the most reliable LR model known to humankind - SMH) -
apparently we're cooked (according to them - LOL)

ENSO forecast:
The SINTEX-F now clearly predicts an El Niño event from this coming summer. This may suggest a decadal turnabout in the tropical Pacific climate condition to El Niño-like state after a long spell of La Niña-like state. If this happens, such natural climate variability may double the global warming impact as we observed during the period from 1976 through 1998.

Last edited:
At Mass today, I prayed for a +NAO, a +AO, a - PNA, a +EPO, and a raging +WPO, with MJO stuck in Ph 6 ...
Mea culpa, but I figured nothing else has worked so far o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back