• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.... pointing at you because you were funny not because I thought you were one of those attorney's. :cool:
I know - I'm just sitting here on some pain meds from the ortho (did a number on my shoulder over the weekend) and was just tossing some good natured you-know-what back ... :p

I know - I'm just sitting here on some pain meds from the ortho (did a number on my shoulder over the weekend) and was just tossing some good natured you-know-what back ... :p
If you're on pain meds I'm lucky you didn't toss more than some good natured you-know-what.... haha. When I'm on pain meds well I'm not my self

If you're on pain meds I'm lucky you didn't toss more than some good natured you-know-what.... haha. When I'm on pain meds well I'm not my self
It's all good ... until the 7th hour of 8 between doses ... and yes - censor me!

BTW -- My staff threw me out of the office until further notice ... LOL

9 and 10 year old baseball with the kids pitching is hard to watch. I think the kids would be better served still using the pitching machine until they get to 6th grade. The pitching is just to erratic at this age still, and the kids want to hit so they swing at everything just about. Very little hitting and fielding involved in most games. The kids usually only get one time at bat, two at the most. It's great for the pitchers to get practice, but overall I think the kids are actually learning less about the game and getting more frustrated and bored with it when pitching is used at this age.

9 and 10 year old baseball with the kids pitching is hard to watch. I think the kids would be better served still using the pitching machine until they get to 6th grade. The pitching is just to erratic at this age still, and the kids want to hit so they swing at everything just about. Very little hitting and fielding involved in most games. The kids usually only get one time at bat, two at the most. It's great for the pitchers to get practice, but overall I think the kids are actually learning less about the game and getting more frustrated and bored with it when pitching is used at this age.
Time at that age to man up! This is my sons first year at kids pitch and it's awesome ! Back in the day, we had no lame coaches pitch anyway. That the detriment to the game!! We went from t ball to machine ball to little league. So by 9, we were playing real baseball! Coaches pitch is lame because 95% of the coaches lob the ball in at 10 mph , which never lets them get better timing or coordination ! Just sad really! And they all get a " participation" trophy , win or lose!
Sad

I don't like coach pitch, either. But I think the pitching machine is still better for 9 and 10 year olds. Most of them are still not good enough to hit pitches, especially when they are erratic and most of the pitches are balls. I think it would be better to still work on the mechanics of the game, like hitting and fielding. The games with the pitching machines were much better for everyone. More hitting, more fielding, better flow. The only person really getting anything at this age is the pitcher. Just think two more years with the machine to get the mechanics and timing down would be more beneficial for the kids.

Damn do I miss winter and hoping ... just had to say it ... now back to regularly scheduled summer re-run programming ... o_O

This summer certainly is going to be fun, especially on those "Professional Dress" days where I might just end up wearing stuff that gets very hot.

It's not even feeling weird that I'm taking two block like morning classes, that might be because public school isn't quite out though but the only issues I have had are building back some stamina and forcing myself to sleep much earlier.

Holy cow - there is actually some strange liquid stuff falling from the sky and there's a rumble noise as it does so; my NWS calls this thing "rain". Vague recollection of that word ... :D

{Think I'll find an old Clapton tune - Let It Rain - to refresh my recollection}

Holy cow - there is actually some strange liquid stuff falling from the sky and there's a rumble noise as it does so; my NWS calls this thing "rain". Vague recollection of that word ... :D

{Think I'll find an old Clapton tune - Let It Rain - to refresh my recollection}
It rained buckets here - 70+ mph wind gusts for a good 15 minutes. Felt like living in Florida during a tropical storm again ;) Unfortunately, my rain gauge was not mounted at the time. What a sorry weather spotter...

I don't like coach pitch, either. But I think the pitching machine is still better for 9 and 10 year olds. Most of them are still not good enough to hit pitches, especially when they are erratic and most of the pitches are balls. I think it would be better to still work on the mechanics of the game, like hitting and fielding. The games with the pitching machines were much better for everyone. More hitting, more fielding, better flow. The only person really getting anything at this age is the pitcher. Just think two more years with the machine to get the mechanics and timing down would be more beneficial for the kids.
Hitting and pitching are both about making adjustments. 9&10 yr old was a great learning period for my son. What league do you play ? Little League or Dizzy Dean?

I know I haven't committed a mortal sin or anything ...

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/32601:4:US?interactiveMapLayer=radar&baseMap=r

Screen_Shot_2017-05-21_at_5.26.02_PM.png

Our young cat (or older kitten) had kittens, and my dad told me they finally appeared today. He took pictures of them. Sorry but no pics right now. :( Maybe if he posts them on facebook (I could probably figure out how to upload pictures from that camera but I can't now).

It of course, won't be me just posting his facebook lol. I'll copy paste them and he'll be fine with it.

He says that the new slate of kittens from both female cats aren't as scared as other kittens were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back