• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
9f50c419b57fcc5ae04d18a86861dade.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Lol
266eb331518d89dcccae2189a9e8f238.gif

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

On a side note, has anyone notices the GFS added heat islands for cities in the updates? Surprised nobody mentioned it unless I missed it. I am sure come winter anyone near a big city will freak out because the GFS has them with rain and 33 while the surrounding area is snow and 27 lol.

On a side note, has anyone notices the GFS added heat islands for cities in the updates? Surprised nobody mentioned it unless I missed it. I am sure come winter anyone near a big city will freak out because the GFS has them with rain and 33 while the surrounding area is snow and 27 lol.

Yes, I noticed. I wish the warmer normals/averages for big cities were also incorporated so that the anomalies wouldn't show up as warmer so often. Unfortunately, I don't think they are because if they were, cities like ATL wouldn't so often show up as warmer and never cooler anomalywise vs surrounding areas.

The good news for winter storm lovers who live in big cities, especially during CAD events, is that the combo of steady CAD induced winds and clouds/precip. tend to minimize heat island effects as surface temperatures tend to even out. I know this from my time spent in ATL.

Yall think you know what it's like to see SD happy as he's ever been (along with self included) or our man Brick depressed/angry/fustrated like you never seen him before. Circle your calendars for August 16,17th. Within weeks after thsee dates The Smurfs (UNC) are getting ready to feel the NCAA wrath/hammer finally. What a read in regards to what the ncaa had to say to UNC that just got released.

Yall think you know what it's like to see SD happy as he's ever been (along with self included) or our man Brick depressed/angry/fustrated like you never seen him before. Circle your calendars for August 16,17th. Within weeks after thsee dates The Smurfs (UNC) are getting ready to feel the NCAA wrath/hammer finally. What a read in regards to what the ncaa had to say to UNC that just got released.
Its very interesting. I would love to see the death penalty but whatever they get will be worth it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I mean this respectfully and hope no one takes it personally but to be honest I don't know what's worse... the bitching and complaining or the complaining about the bitching and complaining.
No secret where I stand. But guess what, when it rains Friday they both go away . It's a win win

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

No secret where I stand. But guess what, when it rains Friday they both go away . It's a win win

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
I certainly hope you are right but the reality is the broad brush painted precip maps of the GFS aren't very reliable when the rain is convective.... unfortunately some will miss out (hopefully not anyone we know)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back