• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc First Freeze Contest

Dallas: Dec. 4
Chicago: Oct. 26
Nashville, Tennessee: Nov 6
Richmond, Virginia: Nov 7

Looks like Chicago goes below freezing next week . We should have a winner for Chicago!!

Many places in the southeast could very well see their first freeze of the season later in the week . Time to get some winners!!!

ORD is really close this morning, have a dent shot tuesday and wednesday morning as well. BNA might be close tonight if winds don't stir toward morning. If no one gets a freeze by mid week it'll be day 10+ before the next chance

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Outside shot even here, will probably have a better shot in 10 days-2 weeks though. Low predicted today is 35 and I'm in an area that can get colder than the airport.

ORD is really close this morning, have a dent shot tuesday and wednesday morning as well. BNA might be close tonight if winds don't stir toward morning. If no one gets a freeze by mid week it'll be day 10+ before the next chance

Yep both MDW and ORD hit 34. I’m hoping for Wed morning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie literally picked the places with no freeze
366dfdc3ac8b19c65f926f98ce26dfbc.jpg

looks like Chicago made it on November 6th

Nashville October 29th according to Weather Underground and the climate summaries

Richmond just hit it tonight around midnight

Dallas gonna be awhile it seems, likely not before Thanksgiving

Last edited:
36 imby, no freeze here yet, sadly

I can safely say we did if we didn't on October 30th (which we might've). We still don't have a thermometer temp at or below freezing but my dad doesn't check until sometime after the sun's up and it's near the house so it'd be at least 3 degrees too warm anyway (JMO, even though my dad still takes it as a low...it's not digital so he can't place it anywhere else that may make it more accurate and yet at the same time not get too warm due to it being in the sun).

The low temp was 27 at the airport close by today.

Back