• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone hasn't noticed.... The Cincinnati Reds are sucking so far. I'm not a Reds fan, but still....

The manager was fired today after MY Stl. Cardinals swept two consecutive series this season. :)

Eventful day down in Fort Walton

I saw this video, crazy.... my sister lives there and sent me a picture of the house that it tore the roof off of, fortunately they had no damage.
In fact here is the house you see on the island at very beginning of video.
ca5d36d210367fee8d39b8871da5a18e.jpg

Last edited:
AS I GET OLDER I REALIZE:

#1 - I talk to myself, because there are times I need expert advice

#2 - I consider "In Style" to be the clothes that still fit.

#3 - I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off.

#4 - My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work.

#5 - The biggest lie I tell myself is, "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it."

#6 - I have days when my life is just a tent away from a circus.

#7 - These days, "on time" is when I get there.

#8 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid - but it sure does muffle the sound.

#9 - Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?

#10 - Lately, I've noticed people my age are so much older than me.

#11 - "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering why I'm there.

#12 - When I was a child, I thought nap time was punishment. Now it feels like a mini vacation.

#13 - Some days I have no idea what I'm doing out of bed.

#14 - I thought growing old would take longer

#15 - Aging sure has slowed me down, but it hasn't shut me up.

#16 - I still haven't learned to act my age.

I really want to drop Spectrum/Time Warner and just use YouTube TV and Netflix. But the only other internet option I have here is CenturyLink, and I am mot sure it is fast enough for streaming and with my kids playing games online. Right now our internet service is 300 mbps. CenturyLink would be 25 mbps. If we just had internet service with Spwctrum/TWC, it would be $150 a month. I looked into taking some channels off and another bundle, but it would actually be more each month than my current bundle.

I really want to drop Spectrum/Time Warner and just use YouTube TV and Netflix. But the only other internet option I have here is CenturyLink, and I am mot sure it is fast enough for streaming and with my kids playing games online. Right now our internet service is 300 mbps. CenturyLink would be 25 mbps. If we just had internet service with Spwctrum/TWC, it would be $150 a month. I looked into taking some channels off and another bundle, but it would actually be more each month than my current bundle.

We dropped spectrum completely last summer when I realized we had AT&T fiber available. I bought leaf antennas and rokus for the living room and bedrooms, signed up for Sling TV (we already had netflix and prime anyway) and haven't looked back. 25mbps would be pushing it though if you're gaming and streaming on multiple devices...but if you can find an ISP that will give you speeds to support your needs I highly recommend cutting cable.

We dropped spectrum completely last summer when I realized we had AT&T fiber available. I bought leaf antennas and rokus for the living room and bedrooms, signed up for Sling TV (we already had netflix and prime anyway) and haven't looked back. 25mbps would be pushing it though if you're gaming and streaming on multiple devices...but if you can find an ISP that will give you speeds to support your needs I highly recommend cutting cable.
Yes, that is the problem, finding another provider here with enough speed for good quality streaming. I don't think 25mbps is going to cut it. Unfortunately, it seems Spectrum/TWC has a monopoly here.

Yes, that is the problem, finding another provider here with enough speed for good quality streaming. I don't think 25mbps is going to cut it. Unfortunately, it seems Spectrum/TWC has a monopoly here.
I'm shocked 25mbps is all you can get with centurylink where you are, that's what I get in the middle of nowhere. In fact I want to say with an upgrade (and they would have to run a new line to my house) I can get up to 50. You double check with centurylink? And speaking of cutting cable, I'm to scared to try lol.... But honestly I pay entirely too much and only watch about 5 or 6 channels

I'm shocked 25mbps is all you can get with centurylink where you are, that's what I get in the middle of nowhere. In fact I want to say with an upgrade (and they would have to run a new line to my house) I can get up to 50. You double check with centurylink? And speaking of cutting cable, I'm to scared to try lol.... But honestly I pay entirely too much and only watch about 5 or 6 channels
Yeah, I checked online and it said that was all that was available for my house, and they have a headquarters just a couple of miles down the road in Youngsville.

You people are wussies. I've never had A/C in my life. I'm used to the house getting to 85+ during the day. I just use fans and it makes it bearable.

Lol I can't imagine living in the south without A/C

It gets above 76-77 in here and its downright unbearable

Have PS Vue, no regrets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back