• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

A little over 2.5" for the event so far and it's pouring right now. Probably going to be at least 3" by the end of the event.

Gainesville, GA, is near 3" now with rain still falling. Much of the ATL area has received 2-2.5" with more showers around.

It definitely overperformed in MBY with 2.06" and more showers approaching. KSAV is already nearing 3". MBY has received ~3.5" the last 8 days. Great news since we were in D2 drought. There was a gust of 67 mph at Tybee at 10:42 AM with downed power lines. There was street flooding in parts of SAV late this morning. Even Augusta is approaching 1.5".

Overall, I'd say this storm has already at least met my expectations for at least most of GA though there are almost always going to be some locations that get "robbed" while others get a bonus. It could easily be quite a long time before another extratropical system of this magnitude/size affects the area.

Last edited:
Gainesville, GA, is near 3" now with rain still falling. Much of the ATL area has received 2-2.5" with more showers around.

It definitely overperformed in MBY with 2.06" and more showers approaching. KSAV is already nearing 3". MBY has received ~3.25" the last 10 days or so. Great news since we were in D2 drought. There was a gust of 67 mph at Tybee at 10:42 AM with downed power lines. There was street flooding in parts of SAV late this morning. Even Augusta is approaching 1.5".

Overall, I'd say this storm has already at least met my expectations for at least most of GA though there are almost always going to be some locations that get "robbed" while others get a bonus. It could easily be quite a long time before another extratropical system of this magnitude/size affects the area.
You needed it sorely, all but the wind ... Congrats ... except for the wind ... ;)

over 2 inches here in Chatt... I like rain like this with long intervals of light/no rain so my basement bathroom doesn't flood..

Extended cool/cloudy to the end of the month... pretty much guaranteeing another BN month temp-wise for Chattanooga. Keep it going through the summer, I say.

Regardless of what some often too wet models have shown, the ATL area has already received a generous ~1.5" of rainfall and it doesn't appear to be done yet per models. Totals near 2" are quite possible in that area. Even if not, 1.5" of widespread rainfall is pretty impressive vs most systems this time of year.
Gainesville, GA, has already reached 2.2". FFC called for 2-4" totals with heavier NE GA. I don't see them being too far off of this. Also, this is close to what the more reliable model consensus has been showing for the last few days from what I've seen. There's no telling when there will be another widespread generous rainfall event like this again as systems like this don't occur that often.

My area has received near 0.5"
& I'm thinking we end up with near 1"
total on average through this area, which would mean a very nice near 2.25" the last 10 days.

Edit: ForsythSnow has already received 2" per the above post.
Much of central GA has already received 1.25-1.5". However, Augusta has received a lot less.

When I left for work at 6am I had 2.38" in the bucket. The winds were the big story to me.

[
Tornado Warning for Rockdale and Henry Counties. Why is there not even a Severe Thunderstorm Watch ?
I guess the tornado(thus, severity) came as a surprise... obviously a tornado warning supersedes a severe thunderstorm watch...

Another Tornado Warning for Greene County. South of Athens, Georgia.

It seems we’re getting more severe with this “just rain” system than previous hyped severe systems.

Another Tornado Warning for Greene County. South of Athens, Georgia.

It seems we’re getting more severe with this “just rain” system than previous hyped severe systems.
backdraft, weather edition..

Regardless of what some often too wet models have shown, the ATL area has already received a generous ~1.5" of rainfall and it doesn't appear to be done yet per models. Totals near 2" are quite possible in that area. Even if not, 1.5" of widespread rainfall is pretty impressive vs most systems this time of year.
Gainesville, GA, has already reached 2.2". FFC called for 2-4" totals with heavier NE GA. I don't see them being too far off of this. Also, this is close to what the more reliable model consensus has been showing for the last few days from what I've seen. There's no telling when there will be another widespread generous rainfall event like this again as systems like this don't occur that often.

My area has received near 0.5"
& I'm thinking we end up with near 1"
total on average through this area, which would mean a very nice near 2.25" the last 10 days.

Edit: ForsythSnow has already received 2" per the above post.
Much of central GA has already received 1.25-1.5". However, Augusta has received a lot less.

Yeah, I was a bit unsure at first but overnight dropped a good amount of rain here. I am at 2.18" now. The wind has also started back up again, although not as strong, but gusting to around 20. 61 is the current high of the day as well. They did very well with the forecast.

Interested to see if we can get the sun out here tomorrow midday and get a few stronger storms going

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So far, only 1.62 in the bucket. Kind of a dud when they were calling for 3-5”! I know it’s not over, but yeah, basically it is! Very scattered from here on out

So far, only 1.62 in the bucket. Kind of a dud when they were calling for 3-5”! I know it’s not over, but yeah, basically it is! Very scattered from here on out
it's backballing over here.. wouldn't count 3 inches out...pucker up.... accept what mother nature gives...

Back