• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ah-choo April Discussion

GTWXAlum

Reaction score
I know for some of us this is a little late (with the ah-choo part anyway), but figured better late than never to get an April thread started!

And it looks like this late March stormy pattern will carry over into the first week (at least) of the month

Last edited:
ecmwf-ens_z500a_namer_11.png

I don't have any pollen issues, all my trees and flowers bloomed in February ! :)

Damn if you live in the southeast and need rain huge the 12z euro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a 9:30 PM observation based on model runs past truncation - is it really possible for a cool down around April 14th?

Oh never mind - its past truncation and there is this sun angle thing ... LOL :p

2017032918_CON_GFS_SFC_SLP_THK_RH_384.gif

Last edited:
The two systems next week have the best chance of being true severe producers vs any previous systems over the last two weeks

Lots of rain coming to the southeast over the next 8 days

Are we about to experience a very late Tony type of cold snap (near 4/6-7) similar to the nonwinter of 1827-8? The 12Z models sure are suggesting something like that. Hmmm.

Are we about to experience a very late Tony type of cold snap (near 4/6-7) similar to the nonwinter of 1827-8? The 12Z models sure are suggesting something like that. Hmmm.
Said something similar yesterday but it was couple more days out. Good eyes! ;)

I can't believe how cool it's gonna be late next week . Wife already planted flowers . Could be close to freezing in some areas

I can't believe how cool it's gonna be late next week . Wife already planted flowers . Could be close to freezing in some areas

GFS and Euro have been hinting off and on and more on lately, and now both are hinting (if not suggesting) inside truncation :D

Last edited:
Certainly what this area needs! MOAR threats of it getting to freezing.

Although I checked the temps that it spit out and while it got to the mid 30s, it was above freezing.

Back