• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had another catch that was like Kearse's by Julio. It should've gone down in history but it won't.

At the time, I thought Julio's catch was about as good a catch I had ever seen. Then comes Edelman's catch! Not at all the result I wanted but wow, what a game!! I'm not sure this is good but I recorded this Falcons disaster. I could erase it but I think I may want to see it again believe it or not. Regardless, New England shows why they are the best team in pro football headed by the best coach.

All on Ryan imo. He was sacked on 2 different drives in second half taking them out of fg range. Got to get rid of ball.

All on Ryan imo. He was sacked on 2 different drives in second half taking them out of fg range. Got to get rid of ball.

As I said, I thought that shouldn't even have been a pass play since they only needed a FG to seal it. Why chance a sack or interception? Just run the ball and hold it tight! I blame that on the coaching staff.

Been telling my friends Ryan is one of the greatest when he has time but under pressure he sucks; his eyes bug out and he panics; on the biggest stage of all he unfortunately proved it, disappointing loss for ATL.

Been telling my friends Ryan is one of the greatest when he has time but under pressure he sucks; his eyes bug out and he panics; on the biggest stage of all he unfortunately proved it, disappointing loss for ATL.

It is a shame because I like the guy so much and he is incredibly talented. He is 100% class. Ironically, he had done much better this year (and earlier in the game) in scrambling. I feel sorry for him.

Ryan started playing like he had in previous years in the second half. Too much of not taking what was there. I said patience and getting the running backs involved was key, bigger than anything Julio Jones did and just like the last few seasons, that was sadly proven (and Jones really deserved to have that sideline catch go down in history).
The absolute right path was taken in the first half outside of third down, the second half the team got impatient and did what the Rams did in the past.
I don't think the Falcons will be back there next year. It should still be a good team, but it's a monster schedule, the team won't be sneaking up on anyone anymore (like the Atlanta Hawks last year after their 60 win season), and realistically, this was it. The team was on fire New York Giants esque after the pick 2 to lose to the Chiefs. The team took a step forward from being okay-good to great for 6 games and three quarters. The offense was on fire and the defense was playing like the Saints and Colts SB defenses that were lousy but got clutch stops and turnovers.
If we're in a different state, the deal gets finished.

Noone in there right mind would have thought patriots would have come back like that. Falcons defense got drained in first half and rest is history. That's with Brady being out first four games also.

I mean lets be real. When they had a comfy lead, ATL didn't mind running up to the line and trying another play.

Tom and the other veterans noticed that, and took advantage.

bottom line is Falcons played not to lose. Game plan changed at halftime to more of a zone defense just like my steelers and it doesn't work against Brady. On offense Falcons needed to work clock more than trying to run up tempo when up 28-3. When all said and done they got out coached.

Bonehead calls after Julio's catch on the sidelines; should've been 3 runs down the gut and kick a field goal. Why give up position by trying to pass; should go down as worse than Seattle's debacle..

So as bad as I want snow, I must say I do not want this to materialize around the weekend of the 17th-19th..... my mom scheduled to have heart surgery at Wake Med that day. So with that being said I'm sure we will get a foot....

I've witnessed a LOT of tough games throughout the college/NFL season this year (UGA football was ugh... UT miracle, Vandy game, GT game) and throw in the UGA Hoops team (TAMU clock issue, UF game, UK game..). Last night was just another kick in the gut. I just can't see ATL making it back next year, as they'll have a new off. coordinator, playing divisional champs in NFC, Playing Patriots away next season...) It's been a real bitter pill to swallow.

As a fan of Atlanta and Georgia sports teams, I'm used to this kind of stuff. Not in the Super Bowl though of course. I'm a little surprised I'm not that upset. Even when we were up 28-3, I was not confident we would win. I've seen the Falcons blow so many big leads over the years it didn't even surprise me.

I don't understand why there were so many bandwagon fans around my area. It was a repeat of the Panthers from last year. I knew Brady had it from shear experience alone, but trying to tell people the pats will win, even at half-time, you'd think they were life long falcon fans.

I don't understand why there were so many bandwagon fans around my area. It was a repeat of the Panthers from last year. I knew Brady had it from shear experience alone, but trying to tell people the pats will win, even at half-time, you'd think they were life long falcon fans.
Every team that performs well always have their share of bandwagon fans... I've been a Panthers fan from day one and honestly would get ticked off at the band-wagoners last year, where were this year: probably the one's you were talking about on the Falcons bandwagon

As a fan of Atlanta and Georgia sports teams, I'm used to this kind of stuff. Not in the Super Bowl though of course. I'm a little surprised I'm not that upset. Even when we were up 28-3, I was not confident we would win. I've seen the Falcons blow so many big leads over the years it didn't even surprise me.
I knew that score wouldn't stay either but we still should of won the game. Like everyone stated above there is no excuse for not running the ball and getting at least a field goal to lock in the win.

image5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back