• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Administrator
Reaction score
Continue the February talk here!

Euro says .. I'm Dr.No for a reason! LOL That map you had up Shawn, was a real downer. Wonder if the EPS will look anything like the OP?

Keep hanging onto the GFS for hope and let's see how that ends for you...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting looks from the GFS runs this morning. Doubt 12Z will have the same path, but let's see what it does. Also, if you want to see some clowning, look at the 0Z NAM.

horrible 00z EPS run and horribpe 06z gefs run for days 6-10 if your looking for winter weather

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, not sure why, but the past few mornings have been drastically colder than forecasted. Got down to 40 here when the low was supposed to be around 50. The GFS seems too warm on the mornings even a few hours out it seems here, so that could mean we could see some interesting things if it keeps up.

00z eps post day 10. Nothing says winter like above normal temps
8e5677ae95a3635dd826ca99ea6962d1.jpg
e6c844e5e255e0ae257012dd1b3ede11.jpg
f9fa1820034003f9235ae11fb43c552c.jpg

So, .... Now can we cancel winter!?? With dog farts and the most positive people on the board going negative,I think it's about time! Nothing looks good in long range, short range, or indicies wise! Atleast we had one storm to track that produced, so not as bad as 2012! RIP winter 16/17! You sucked!

Not quite sure what this has to do with February other than it will seem like a good time to start planting.
So, .... Now can we cancel winter!?? With dog farts and the most positive people on the board going negative,I think it's about time! Nothing looks good in long range, short range, or indicies wise! Atleast we had one storm to track that produced, so not as bad as 2012! RIP winter 16/17! You sucked!
Lol, we will all cliff dive if we are at the end of February and it has been a torch and it will keep looking like a torch. Also, does anyone have the latest model verification scores? I would like to see if they are doing well.

not yet. it's still early . plus a brief warmup was given around mid month. Still think we go colder 2nd half as Shane has been saying for weeks .
Nice...Just the way I like my February...SMH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite sure what this has to do with February other than it will seem like a good time to start planting.

I'm beginning to think so. I do worry about my budding blueberry bushes. Feb may be torched but I doubt we've seen the last of freezing weather this season.

I'm beginning to think so. I do worry about my budding blueberry bushes. Feb may be torched but I doubt we've seen the last of freezing weather this season.
Always seems to freeze after an apparent early spring. That is why I think that if we see a chance of a decent length cold, it will be an end of the month or early March. Not saying it is for sure going to snow then, but something tells me that we will either be surprised, we will see a light event, or nothing at all. But I also feel that with the severe weather already hitting this early, that we will have a slightly lower risk of severe weather come late March and April. I could be wrong of course.

well the rat saw his shadow. says six more weeks of winter . So we have the MJO and the groundhog saying cold weather is coming

We always get a late freeze. Though we may be done with wintrt weather as some may feel i am sure we will get a freeze to destroy early blooming.

00z eps post day 10. Nothing says winter like above normal temps
8e5677ae95a3635dd826ca99ea6962d1.jpg
e6c844e5e255e0ae257012dd1b3ede11.jpg
f9fa1820034003f9235ae11fb43c552c.jpg

If that verifies might have to start a thread for possibilities for severe wx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back