• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Microwave March

SD

Administrator
Reaction score
d692298232fd9e04a845d09e4de5f2e1.jpg

86d0b516426ea8cc8a2079c5e7ec70da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'd feel much better if the GEFS PNA forecast would switch from its current -1 14 day forecast. It is going to be quite difficult to avoid warmth with a solid -PNA (on a cold biased model no less) despite the recent +PNA/-AO/MJO phase 8 combo not having been cold in the SE. I really do think that the MJO may have been too strong and also there's been the the ongoing Indonesian convection supposedly causing what's been effectively a strong phase 4-6, thus dominating the big picture.

Also, it would be nice if the AO were to go back negative and stay there for awhile. The midmonth AO never got down to -2 despite GEFS forecasts of -3, which is typical of the GEFS -AO bias. Today's GEFS forecasts mildly hints at an AO drop in early March after a rise through the end of February. I'm taking the March -AO hint with a huge grain due to this -AO bias.

The one slightly bright spot is that the NAO has recently been verifying slightly negative vs GEFS.

Regardless of all of the above, I still have hopes for some March chill based on two of the three warmest ATL winters on record switching to a cold dominated early to mid March. It is pretty crucial to get the EPS on the side of cold rather than the current mild it is showing for the SE in the 11-15.

Last edited:
TWC is generally pretty good in the neck of the woods on its LR forecasts; if this verifies, we're into May down here (87º, 88º ??), skipping largely right over March and April :confused:

Screen_Shot_2017_02_19_at_11_36_12_AM.png

I'd feel much better if the GEFS PNA forecast would switch from its current -1 14 day forecast. It is going to be quite difficult to avoid warmth with a solid -PNA (on a cold biased model no less) despite the recent +PNA/-AO/MJO phase 8 combo not having been cold in the SE. I really do think that the MJO may have been too strong and also there's been the the ongoing Indonesian convection supposedly causing what's been effectively a strong phase 4-6, thus dominating the big picture.

Also, it would be nice if the AO were to go back negative and stay there for awhile. The midmonth AO never got down to -2 despite GEFS forecasts of -3, which is typical of the GEFS -AO bias. Today's GEFS forecasts mildly hints at an AO drop in early March after a rise through the end of February. I'm taking the March -AO hint with a huge grain due to this -AO bias.

The one slightly bright spot is that the NAO has recently been verifying slightly negative vs GEFS.

Regardless of all of the above, I still have hopes for some March chill based on two of the three warmest ATL winters on record switching to a cold dominated early to mid March. It is pretty crucial to get the EPS on the side of cold rather than the current mild it is showing for the SE in the 11-15.
Larry, we've been duped by the analogs again!!? I thought Feb was going to be rockin, after Dumpy December, and Jockitch January! Looks like we will end in Failed February ! :(
But JB going with the Modoki El Niño for next winter! 17/18 winter will be talked about for decades, hopefully not the reason 16/17 will be!

80's in March is welcomed in my world....fishing and hunting paradise! Bring it!
what are you hunting (spring gobbler?)? about the only other thing that comes to mind would be skeeters and ticks ... LOL
although i bet the bass bed early this year ;)

what are you hunting (spring gobbler?)? about the only other thing that comes to mind would be skeeters and ticks ... LOL
although i bet the bass bed early this year ;)
Mosquitos already out up here! December to next December, never seen a 12 month summer, till now! :(

TWC is generally pretty good in the neck of the woods on its LR forecasts; if this verifies, we're into May down here (87º, 88º ??), skipping largely right over March and April :confused:

Screen_Shot_2017_02_19_at_11_36_12_AM.png

Our friend the SE ridge is stout at the end of the month! Right on top of your backyard
e4318604c8b204b40117c73252c05a8e.jpg

6f7d8464cf7b423c47b29606d315d0c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our friend the SE ridge is stout at the end of the month! Right on top of your backyard

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( - thanks my man! can you fill an Rx across state lines? o_O

Last edited:

Time to think about what type of popcorn I'm going to put in the microwave March.

On a brighter note, Next winter CAN NOT be as bad as this one has been! :) Can it??? :(
Side note- Mack I hope you hit 100 at least 20 times this summer........ lol, Carp run with it better in HOT weather..... :D

Last edited:
I work in 10 below at work in the freezer, so I'm good lol

On a brighter note, Next winter CAN NOT be as bad as this one has been! :) Can it??? :(
Side note- Mack I hope you hit 100 at least 20 times this summer........ lol, Carp run with it better in HOT weather..... :D

SMH! LOL!

BF, going in two weeks! They should be running good! The lake water should feel like a bathtub!

Back