• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Most snow you have ever seen in person?

Shawn

Administrator
Reaction score
February, 2010, when I was living in Aiken, SC(Just east of Augusta), we got 9 inches. It was the best pure snow I have ever seen. No rain, sleet or ice. It started as snow in the early afternoon and snowed hard until it ended early the next morning. I lived in the country then too so it was beautiful to see all the woods covered in white. Had never seen anything close to that before and haven't since.

4 Inces on a couple occasions. Jan 2011 was my favorite

28 inches was the biggest storm but that was while I was in Tahoe on vacation .

had a 21 inches when I lived in Michigan

while in alabama it was the blizzard of 93 ..... 16 inches

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Probably like most of us "Older" members, for me it would have to be '93 here in the south. I was born in PA outside Philly. My Parents have Video of me from the late '70s of me playing in about 2 feet of snow but only have the memory from watching the video.

Grew up in northern Ohio about 70 miles north of Columbus and my family lived out in the country with a lot of small country roads and in the winter it was common for the snow to pile up deep enough to force the road into a one lane path. The single most snow at one time would have been 17" with drifts over 3'

And for a very few us of really "older" members it was March 1980

Blizzard of 93. I was a freshman in high school. I am 5'0 and that snow came up to my knees. Also, first time I ever experienced subzero temps in Atlanta too.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

metwannabe said:
And for a very few us of really "older" members it was March 1980

I was 7 Still living in Pa at the time. I am not sure when exactly the video of me was taken. Not sure how old I was at the time. We moved to Wilson N.C in '81. Had a Few good snows I do remember there in the mid to late 80's.

8.5 inches on February 12, 2010.

FLO said:
February, 2010, when I was living in Aiken, SC(Just east of Augusta), we got 9 inches. It was the best pure snow I have ever seen. No rain, sleet or ice. It started as snow in the early afternoon and snowed hard until it ended early the next morning. I lived in the country then too so it was beautiful to see all the woods covered in white. Had never seen anything close to that before and haven't since.

I was fortunate to be living in Alexandria, VA during the 09-10 winter.  Snowmaggedon hit during the first weekend of February and we got exactly 2 feet in my location...which was followed up by 10 more inches the next Tuesday during the Snoverkill storm (CWG came up with these names, not me).  As someone from Greenville, SC, I had never witnessed such a period of intense snow. 

Outside of the DC winters, I would say the Jan. 88 storm was the most for me.  And even with the 09-10 winter storms I experienced, that is still my favorite storm of all time.

The January storm of 2011. 8". Snow on the ground lasted a week at my house.

accum.20000125.gif

Well, I was traveling back and forth to northern VA during the famous winter of 2010 . That was the most snow I have ever seen. 30 inches of powder. Now, in my back yard it was 1969... yep I am that old. 17 inches along with thunder snow. I was 4 and have the home movies of the storm. Since then, the 1988 storm dumped 16 inches and the 2014 storm put down 13 inches. The 1980 storm hit areas in eastern NC but not so much here.

I grew up in central Illinois and I still remember ashore drifts over my parents heads! It was so easy to build snow forts because three build up was sleazy done for you :)

I grew up in central Illinois and I remember snow drifts over my parents heads! It was so easy to build snow forts because the build up was already done for you :)

So Shawn why does every post in here with exception of Cad and Campamy have your name? Lol...  was this when you restored it?  Dang looks like you're old and been everywhere  :D

Back