• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Snowfall Totals

About an inch of sleet, ice and snow here - thanks to the road being a sheet of ice - when the 1/2 " of snow fell on top of it my girls could sled..so I was pleased. The short range models didn't nail how long the sleet would last here until the last minute.

In stone mountain, Ga ended with about a dusting of snow a light glaze of ice on trees and cars...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Here near Woodstock Ga we ended up with about 1/2+ inch of sleet and 1/4 inch of snow on top.

In the Cobb county side of Roswell got about 2 inches before I went to bed at 3. Had about 1 and 1/2 by 9 this morning. Kids are sledding on my road but melting fast. My thermometer had it at 33 earlier
Now is dropping just went to 30 in last half hour, but warmer than what is reported. Fulton side of Roswell got more and fluffier snow.A couple of miles made a difference here.Melting fast.They say it is 26 here. My thermometer matched what they were reporting last night.
I got rain mixed with sleet, a burst of snow,
and then turned into ice pellets

SD if still want amounts

Storm Total qpf .59"

ZR .07"
IP .52"
SN Trace

Probably the most sleet I've witnessed in recent memory usually just freezing rain or snow with that kind of total qpf I got last night.

I just drove south from my location in NW/WC Forsyth down to Johns Creek in far N. Fulton. I'm very lucky to live just as far north as I do (just barely though), because apparently every mile mattered, especially in Forsyth. By the time I reached the southern tip of Forsyth you couldn't tell it snowed at all really, but rather zr was the main story. Pretty to look at but not as pretty as snow. Feel sorry for the in between zone that got mostly sleet/hardly any snow and some zr. Just a different world almost in the span of a few miles.

I was one of the winners, about 10 inches of snow and no sleet, in NE High Point. Hopefully when I move to Atlanta in a few months I will bring some snow luck there for next winter.

A solid 2 inches IMBY with up to 3 in places around Memphis and Jackson Tn

Back