• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical The Cindy Model War

Storm5

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok what do you think ? Which model preformed the best in regards to Cindy?

The euro was WAY too far SW with its track only to correct WAY NE over the last few days before " landfall"

The GFS was WAY too far East and shifted WAY west .

Theoretically, they pretty much met in the middle . The gefs and eps seemed to have their own struggles as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok what do you think ? Which model preformed the best in regards to Cindy?

The euro was WAY too far SW with its track only to correct WAY NE over the last few days before " landfall"

The GFS was WAY too far East and shifted WAY west .

Theoretically, they pretty much met in the middle . The gefs and eps seemed to have their own struggles as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a good analysis from ForsythSnow in Wiki on this, as well ... if anyone wants a "hint" before casting a vote ... LOL

Honestly, you know how models are during hurricane season, go ahead and buy a deck of cards because theres gonna be alot of shuffling around

GFS seemed to cave to the Euro
As for the CMC, just damn! :(

Yeah, I would say Euro won the model war with Cindy
I argue no. The Euro failed to take the system North until it was going north. I would argue the NAVGEM was good at predicting where the other models were going to go in general, but I think that the CMC and GFS did a bit better than the Euro. The landfall area was at the border of Louisiana and Texas, not further West like the Euro kept showing. The HWRF and GFDL were way too weak, but had the system going in a relevant area as to where landfall was, so for short range, I would have to say the HWRF was the winner. For long range, the GFS and CMC because they sniffed out a northern Gulf Coast landfall well before the Euro did.

As far as strength, the CMC, oddly enough, was close with the pressures being closer to what the actual minimum pressures were, just a bit too low, rather than the GFS and Euro having them too high.

Last edited:
Back