• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Winter thoughts/ideas/forecast

deltadog03

Meteorologist
Reaction score
bg1e36.jpg

Deltadog03 link said:
You think normal to above in a weak Nina or enso neutral winter?? Gutsy call, but I hope your right!

Honestly I went back and forth on precip. But I think we trend much better in that. Regard next 3 months.

Larry helped me with his stats. It helped me really think about cad potential. I thought it was a good bet, but after reading his stats it really made it easier for me.

Chris,
Thanks for sharing. It all looks reasonable and a near normal winter would be way more wintry than last winter should it verify. At one point, when it looked like we could have a moderate+ La Niña, I might not have been as confident of a much better winter.

Robin here in Hart Co. Ga. Was about to freak when I went to the other site but I found ya'll. Just wanta say THANKS to everyone in advance for all your info and stuff. Now let my lurking and obsession begin❄️

Agree with the outlook Delta.... My thoughts line up with your thinking as well. I feel like Miller B's will be more common this winter with an above normal chance of freezing precip in the damming zones. Especially if the GOA low is prevalent.

Cad Wedge NC link said:
Agree with the outlook Delta.... My thoughts line up with your thinking as well. I feel like Miller B's will be more common this winter with an above normal chance of freezing precip in the damming zones. Especially if the GOA low is prevalent.

Hey Monsieur Wedge,
I do think you're likely to be quite popular this winter!

Deltadog03 link said:
Larry helped me with his stats. It helped me really think about cad potential. I thought it was a good bet, but after reading his stats it really made it easier for me.
  Chris, thanks for not using I 20, lol.  It is always a great settling factor for me that you have first hand knowledge that down here where there be monsters, there are still beating hearts yearning for winter, and I 20 isn't the end of the earth :)  It's bad enough to draw the line along I 20 when a storm approaches, but to do it way in advance would just be  cruel :)  Tony

GaWx link said:
[quote author=Cad Wedge NC link=topic=14.msg247#msg247 date=1480947219]

Hey Monsieur Wedge,
I do think you're likely to be quite popular this winter!
[/quote]
Yep, looks that way.... That's ok, as long as we get one or two snow events or a good front-end thump.

Back