• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting at home nursing a wife with food poisoning; went and checked my temp on the electronic gauge -- I take that back - it's 94.8º in the shade on my north facing no-sun porch ... :oops:

Looks like a perfect day for watching sand volleyball at Frenchy's on Clearwater Beach ... :p

curtmp.png

Sitting at home nursing a wife with food poisoning; went and checked my temp on the electronic gauge -- I take that back - it's 94.8º in the shade on my north facing no-sun porch ... :oops:

I hope she feels better soon.
Regarding the heat, Have you been to the botanical gardens off of Archer on a hot day? When I was there, it seemed cooler due to the enormous amounts of shade. I especially recall the bamboo section being comfortable in the afternoon due to the very thick hedges. It was like another world! You wouldn't think that hot Archer Road was so close!

I hope she feels better soon.
Regarding the heat, Have you been to the botanical gardens off of Archer on a hot day? When I was there, it seemed cooler due to the enormous amounts of shade. I especially recall the bamboo section being comfortable in the afternoon due to the very thick hedges. It was like another world! You wouldn't think that hot Archer Road was so close!
Fantabulous place!
I love it more in winter when the sandhills are flying. But any day there is a phenom. Keep it a secret though - G'ville's growing too much ... :eek:

Sitting here thankful for power and air conditioning and a hot dinner and the ability to shop where ever, whenever I want on this 6th anniversary of the complete shutdown of most of north Alabama. We had a dusk to dawn curfew for a few days due to the complete power outage. I actually left town 2 days into the situation, but from what I understand, most folks behaved themselves. These situations seem to bring out the best in humanity (with some exclusions). So many good samaritans volunteered their work, food, shelter to care for those who lost so much. And tonight, 6 years later, it is peaceful.

Sitting here thankful for power and air conditioning and a hot dinner and the ability to shop where ever, whenever I want on this 6th anniversary of the complete shutdown of most of north Alabama. We had a dusk to dawn curfew for a few days due to the complete power outage. I actually left town 2 days into the situation, but from what I understand, most folks behaved themselves. These situations seem to bring out the best in humanity (with some exclusions). So many good samaritans volunteered their work, food, shelter to care for those who lost so much. And tonight, 6 years later, it is peaceful.
You did but let's the 2 of us to encourage others to contribute! Buy a t-shirt and help out 100%.

I failed to mention that many, MANY of those good samaritans were Red Cross volunteers. They need your donations please :)

Y'all got real men sizes?? Like 2xlt/3xlt??

Somebody start the Denver snow thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back