• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, you’ll resume posting regularly in the near future. My feeling is that you’ve been a significant net benefit to this board mainly due to a combo of encouraging others to post about the general forecast pattern, especially during quiet wx times, with your numerous posts even during quiet wx; the time you’ve devoted to wiki; and your financial contributions. I’m sure the board would still be going without you, but you’ve made it better than it otherwise would be imo due to your overall enthusiasm to making it the best wx board possible. No matter what, this board is way better than that other one. Also, it is always fun to hear about your great enjoyment of weekend southern eating. ;) Also, I like it better when I’m not the southernmost active poster. ;)
Accu35 is in Southern Alabama so I think he is further south than you.

Accu35 is in Southern Alabama so I think he is further south than you.

I thought about @accu35 when I said that about me being the 2nd furthest south regular poster. I was thinking I was slightly further south than him but I may be mistaken. He’ll need to remind me about where he lives. I checked the member map and don’t see him. By the way, I’m not ignoring weatherdawg87 and a few others further south than me, but none of them are regular posters.

RIP “old man” Harrison, of Pawn Stars fame!

I thought about @accu35 when I said that about me being the 2nd furthest south regular poster. I was thinking I was slightly further south than him but I may be mistaken. He’ll need to remind me about where he lives. I checked the member map and don’t see him. By the way, I’m not ignoring weatherdawg87 and a few others further south than me, but none of them are regular posters.
I'm located in Jackson Al. CLARKE CO. About hour and a half north of Mobile Al.

I'm located in Jackson Al. CLARKE CO. About hour and a half north of Mobile Al.

Thanks. Ok, you’re further south than me by about 40 milesand furthr south than I had thought. So, I think you’re second furthest south of the active posters next to Phil. I think I’m third.

Thanks. Ok, you’re further south than me by about 40 milesand furthr south than I had thought. So, I think you’re second furthest south of the active posters next to Phil. I think I’m third.
Lol, I know right. Plus this past winter was a good one for me consider how far south I am. I'm in the area where we get dangerous hurricanes to winterstorms.

Love the funnies ...

http://www.jamstec.go.jp/frcgc/research/d1/iod/e/seasonal/outlook.html

temp2-glob-djf2019-1jun2018-gif.5402

@pcbjr But that JAMSTAC is a believable possibility if we can get a weak to moderate El Nino. That is only about 1.2 C/2 F colder than normal for DJF per the scale for the coldest in the SE US. It isn't as if it is predicting something extreme like 4 colder than normal, which has occurred with some weak to moderate El Ninos before like in 2009-10. That's a rather common signature for a weak to moderate El Nino with cooperation of a -NAO and +PDO.

*Edited

Last edited:
@pcbjr But that JAMSTAC is a believable possibility if we can get a weak to moderate El Nino. That is only about 1.2 C/2 F colder than normal for DJF per the scale for the coldest in the SE US. It isn't as if it is predicting something crazy like 5 colder than normal. That's a rather common signature for a weak to moderate El Nino with cooperation of a -NAO and +PDO.
Larry,
It's the JAMSTAC for goodness sakes ... :confused:

Yes, but I don't think the JAMSTAC is as much of a joke as you think.
We'll see ... but that's what makes it fun!

It's 6 months out ... heck, NWS blew a 0% chance of rain today, from 6 hours ago ... LOL

Last edited:
The fog just isn't lifting in the Triangle area today. After a High of 74 yesterday, it is 76 at 1PM. Back to back 70's are rare days in late June for Central NC.

I am really mad at my wife's friend. My family is down here at North Myrtle this week. My wife's friend is at Sunset Beach up the road. They both bought those mega country concert tickets at Walnut Creek in Raleigh back in January. One of the concerts, Luke Bryan, was tonight. My wife was going to sell her ticket, but her friend says I can drive us to the concert and we can come back to the beach the next day. So, my wife agrees, and then her friend ends up getting so drunk at the concert that she gets sick and can't even stand. The EMS folks were going to send her to the hospital if she couldn't stand up by a certain time. So, my wife ends up missing the whole concert taking care of her friend, and then has to drive them to her friend's house tonight, and will probably have to drive them back here tomorrow. Her friend wasted my wife's time and money, knowing she was supposed to drive, and the only reason my wife did not try to sell her ticket is because her friend still wanted to go to the concert

I am really mad at my wife's friend. My family is down here at North Myrtle this week. My wife's friend is at Sunset Beach up the road. They both bought those mega country concert tickets at Walnut Creek in Raleigh back in January. One of the concerts, Luke Bryan, was tonight. My wife was going to sell her ticket, but her friend says I can drive us to the concert and we can come back to the beach the next day. So, my wife agrees, and then her friend ends up getting so drunk at the concert that she gets sick and can't even stand. The EMS folks were going to send her to the hospital if she couldn't stand up by a certain time. So, my wife ends up missing the whole concert taking care of her friend, and then has to drive them to her friend's house tonight, and will probably have to drive them back here tomorrow. Her friend wasted my wife's time and money, knowing she was supposed to drive, and the only reason my wife did not try to sell her ticket is because her friend still wanted to go to the concert
sounds like alcoholism...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back