Misc First Freeze Contest

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Storm5

Administrator
Jan 4, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
It's that time of year !! Time for the annual first freeze contest . This year we are using Dallas Texas , Chicago Illinois, Nashville Tennessee and Richmond Virgina . Guess when you think the first freeze will be for the above listed cities. Each city will have a winner or winners. Winning participants will receive a southernwx swag pack which includes shirts, hats and more. Last day for date submission is October 15th. Good luck and guess away !!!

Last edited:
It's that time of year !! Time for the annual first freeze contest . This year we are using Dallas Texas , Chicago Illinois, Nashville Tennessee and Richmond Virginia . Guess when you think the first freeze will be for the above listed cities. Each city will have a winner or winners. Winning participants will receive a southernwx swag pack which includes shirts, hats and more. Good luck and guess away !!!
You need to lock votes and set a deadline to cast so folks aren't posting on the night of a 1st freeze!

Dallas : Dec 23
Chicago : Oct 25
Nashville : Dec 2

Richmond: Nov 1
Are we using the actual, official definition of a freeze? The 4 hours under 28 degrees? Or just first reading at or below 32?

Dallas : Dec 23
Chicago : Oct 25
Nashville : Dec 2

Richmond: Nov 1
Are we using the actual, official definition of a freeze? The 4 hours under 28 degrees? Or just first reading at or below 32?
4 hours under 28º qualifies as a minor major freeze in some places ... :D

strawberry fields forever ...

I think a no will mean a yes, but it's all wrong
That is I think I disagree

Last edited:
Reactions: skywatcher
It's that time of year !! Time for the annual first freeze contest . This year we are using Dallas Texas , Chicago Illinois, Nashville Tennessee and Richmond Virgina . Guess when you think the first freeze will be for the above listed cities. Each city will have a winner or winners. Winning participants will receive a southernwx swag pack which includes shirts, hats and more. Good luck and guess away !!!

I would make a comment about this swag pack but I’ll just let your mind wonder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Storm5
Dallas, DFW-- Nov 15
Chicago, ORD-- Oct 18
Nashville, BNA-- Oct 29
Richmond, RIC-- Nov 3

basing this on freeze meaning official airport low of 32... I think freezes come a bit early this year.

Reactions: accu35
Dallas Texas - Nov 27
Chicago Illinois - Nov 27
Nashville Tennessee - Nov 27
Richmond Virginia -Nov 28
This would make more since if there is a deep trough, and everyone gets in on a freeze. Richmond Virginia would be a day later also.

Dallas, DFW-- Nov 15
Chicago, ORD-- Oct 18
Nashville, BNA-- Oct 29
Richmond, RIC-- Nov 3

basing this on freeze meaning official airport low of 32... I think freezes come a bit early this year.
Lol, half of yours is what i have

This is for 32F or below:
Dallas, DFW-- Nov 14
Chicago, ORD-- Oct 25
Nashville, BNA-- Nov 14
Richmond, RIC-- Nov 20

This is for 28F or below for 4 hours (Hard Freeze):
Dallas, DFW: Nov 30
Chicago, ORD: Nov 18
Nashville, BNA: Dec 2
Richmond, RIC: Dec 3

Reactions: accu35