• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Its Gonna Be May

Is this the spring whamby?

I'd love .89 in a day the last time I had .89+ in a day was 1/12. I know a lot of folks here like to say "oh it's not dry" or "it'll rain" but the last 7 months as an aggregate haven't been great
I feel you. It was like that all fall at my house and my entire fall garden failed due to lack of rain.

I'd love .89 in a day the last time I had .89+ in a day was 1/12. I know a lot of folks here like to say "oh it's not dry" or "it'll rain" but the last 7 months as an aggregate haven't been great

Yep, it's dry:

1714528546636.png

I'm not really that far from you. Going into May almost 5" below normal for MBY.

My yard is really hurting. I really hope the euro output materializes. But, I've seen great model runs not verify during drought conditions. There's that saying, "drought begets drought".
I'd feel a lot better if we were getting a big upper low parked west of the region here. This setup should give us all some rain but unless we get a front with a solid line of storms or a mcs with good coverage it's got the characteristics of big winners big losers. I'd really hate to walk out of this with something like .3 while other places close by have 4.3 but it seems possible if not likely

Looks like we get a weak backdoor front to move into the state overnight that'll probably be the catalyst for convection tomorrow afternoon really want it to be overhead or just to your south. 12z hrrr shows it wellhrrr_ref_frzn_seus_fh31-40.gif

I'd feel a lot better if we were getting a big upper low parked west of the region here. This setup should give us all some rain but unless we get a front with a solid line of storms or a mcs with good coverage it's got the characteristics of big winners big losers. I'd really hate to walk out of this with something like .3 while other places close by have 4.3 but it seems possible if not likely
On the front end of this evening's rain, I think some areas around here will end up with a couple slow to no movers. Hoping my yard will be part of it.

Looks like we get a weak backdoor front to move into the state overnight that'll probably be the catalyst for convection tomorrow afternoon really want it to be overhead or just to your south. 12z hrrr shows it wellView attachment 147571
It actually just moved through here, some nice NE breeze with it
1000001499.jpg

Back