• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 29-July 2 Heat Wave

Back in my day that was considered just a normal July day.
The temps here haven't been crazy. Mid 90s is nothing unusual for us. What has been unusual is the very high dewpoints in the low 80s. Usually we might start out the morning with mid to upper 70s DP only to mix out and end up around 70 for the afternoon. There's been little to no mixing out this week and we've kept extremely high DPs all day.

The temps here haven't been crazy. Mid 90s is nothing unusual for us. What has been unusual is the very high dewpoints in the low 80s. Usually we might start out the morning with mid to upper 70s DP only to mix out and end up around 70 for the afternoon. There's been little to no mixing out this week and we've kept extremely high DPs all day.

Same story last year too. I think it's the soundings are becoming more tropical with a deep above freezing layer during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a difference just a brief break in the clouds can make in early July

Afer being socked in convective debris with scattered light showers through 10am and temps barely budging in the low/mid 80s, a significant break in the cloud deck have (temporarily?) formed over DFW and temps have responded by jumping anywhere from 5-10 degrees in 1 hour into the low 90s.

Temps did finally recover back to a "cool" high of 90*F after the cloud debris cleared out around 2pm.

Agreed, it was the same here. The temps weren’t bad really, but the humidity was pretty awful, and with it being so humid it was still fairly uncomfortable to walk at even 11 at night. Reminded me of living in Florida again.

Back