• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 29-July 2 Heat Wave

After only one 90 degree day so far this year (6/25) FFC forecast has 90s here everyday starting tomorrow through early next week. Heat really cranking on Thursday-Saturday.A0890E61-E2DA-464A-B9AD-D085CA20C4B6.jpeg

Figured I would post a warning for the community so that the same thing that happened to me doesn't happen to someone else. Two weeks ago I had an intense thunderstorm come through that created a couple of really quick power surges from my electricity going out and coming right back on. I didn't realize it until later that evening but something was seriously wrong with my AC unit. I had a company come out the next day and they confirmed that the surges had grounded out my compressor. Luckily it was still under warranty however the compressor had to be ordered. Hopefully it will be fixed this week. One thing I will be doing in the very near future is to have surge protection installed to make sure that this doesn't happen again. I hope many of you will consider doing the same or at the very least be hyper aware of the havoc that these intense lightning storms can cause.

Last edited:
First 100 likely tomorrow and I'm not remotely excited. I mean it's not as unusual here as back east but still. The real story continues to be the insanely high dewpoints which are unusual this time of year

At least next week looks a lot better

I'm seeing upper 70s and even an 80 dew point there. That's pretty far inland for those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickey Mouse heat wave. 11 years ago this week was a real heat wave. Still holding these screenshots. View attachment 135622View attachment 135621
Yeah, that one and Aug/07 were pure MISERY and I hope to never see those again. I'm glad this one is centered farther West or we might be in that boat, but mid 90s are still going to be torture. That 2012 wave is the last time my backyard reached 100.

Yeah, that one and Aug/07 were pure MISERY and I hope to never see those again. I'm glad this one is centered farther West or we might be in that boat, but mid 90s are still going to be torture. That 2012 wave is the last time my backyard reached 100.
If I remember correctly, 2007 was a pretty dry heat. Not too much humidity.

Back