• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Bugs

It's the GFS folks, put down your crack pipes. No model has been great so far this spring/summer but the the GFS has been AWFUL.

I bet the 594 plus ridge to my north will verify and we stretch this 2 week dry spell out to 4

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The RGEM looks destructive for parts of central NC with the MCV later today.

It's been wet and humid/hot so far this Summer, but things look to get worse I'm afraid.. the death ridge is coming. Hopefully late July into August gets more 'normal', whatever that means anymore:
gfs_T2m_us_32.png
That looks like a normal July day in most of the south. The mid atlantic and northeast is a different story however

I’m still waiting on all the soil moisture to keep heatwaves at bay!? Oh yeah, the soil moisture is all gone, let’s roast!! This looks to be the worst stretch of heat in a few years atleast!

Great setup for storms to roll across the state with quite a bit of wind damage.. would have to favor south of 40 and probably more like the sc border counties

Great setup for storms to roll across the state with quite a bit of wind damage.. would have to favor south of 40 and probably more like the sc border counties

You like areas farther south because that's where you believe the best instability axis will be?

You like areas farther south because that's where you believe the best instability axis will be?

Maybe because the last decade it seems when we are supposed to have favorable setups for severe storms and get a watch the storms end up being very isolated and most of the time missing Wake.

IMG_0571.jpg
And here's our Thunderstorm Watch !!
Good call SD ;)

SD said:
"Great setup for storms to roll across the state with quite a bit of wind damage.. would have to favor south of 40 and probably more like the sc border counties"
-edited-

Last edited:
KOD! Just like WSW in winter!

And this is with most of us having one of the warmer Junes in recent memory. :confused:
I know! I keep thinking I'll wake up :) It's 88.5 at 1:30 pm, but rain is moving closer, so it's a race between 90 and the clouds. Scattered sun right now, but rain coming in from a county away. And that's just on one remote. The other two are at 86 and change.

I know! I keep thinking I'll wake up :) It's 88.5 at 1:30 pm, but rain is moving closer, so it's a race between 90 and the clouds. Scattered sun right now, but rain coming in from a county away. And that's just on one remote. The other two are at 86 and change.
And now it's thunder and heavy rain, and 82 and falling. Still no 90. I love this summer in my yard!!!, lol.

1.45" of rain last night. So, less rain this month, but quite a bit in a few day time period late at night.

Tony, sometimes our thermometer at home is cooler, but what you have going on is just out of this world crazy. I had one of those interesting days recently where I topped out at 86, but for the most part (although this month I've had less rain) I've taken part in this hot June too.

In relative terms, I got missed pretty bad so far today, but it sure beats 93 degree heat any day. Had some winds before hand and was interesting to watch the storms surge past me but it only put down enough rain to make it to tomorrow.

Looks like it could get interesting here at Myrtle Beach in a little while.

Back