• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May-hem

Yeah the drought has improved a lot and more improvement will be coming when the maps come out next week. Tomorrow and Sunday both look interesting for at least some of us with regards to severe weather. Not sure how much can get into SC and GA, but other areas look to get in on it especially on Sunday. The Sat event is looking rough, but the worst should stay north of most of us.

Won't clog it up with eight maps (and frankly, typing hurts, so loading them all is not my preference) - but the Weeklies continue pretty nice for temps and precip (especially given that we're going into the longest day of the year in about 3 and 1/2) - here's a link if you wanna look:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/mchen/CFSv2FCST/weekly/

For kicks only, and 100% not happening, especially with the verification scores.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_49.png

I'll be in Asheville area all night, looks like could be rough this evening!?

For kicks only, and 100% not happening, especially with the verification scores.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_49.png
Your right prob wont happen, but being its not a winter storm it could very well happen lol. Last few years or so our on set first month of Hurricane season has been slightly active in the Gulf with some sort of storm.

Long time no post! Haha I wasn't kidding when I said that January 6th snow bust was going to make me take a long break! Cant beat the weather this past week for May! 50s were awesome!

Thursday first day of summer/Atlantic Hurricane season? Ready for it.

Hoping it will be a much quieter hurricane season than last year!

Hot hot yesterday here with 96!

It appears the warmer than normal streak is going to go still another month here, at ATL, and at Gainesville. Also, many other stations in GA, FL, SC, and NC will end warmer than normal. However, a state like AL is a different story with Anniston and Tuscaloosa, which are both cooler than normal, almost definitely headed for a cooler than normal May. BHM is a close call.

Hoping it will be a much quieter hurricane season than last year!

Hot hot yesterday here with 96!

It appears the warmer than normal streak is going to go still another month here, at ATL, and at Gainesville. Also, many other stations in GA, FL, SC, and NC will end warmer than normal. However, a state like AL is a different story with Anniston and Tuscaloosa, which are both cooler than normal, almost definitely headed for a cooler than normal May. BHM is a close call.
Wow, another month above normal. Too bad the cooler weather didn't last. One month will end it eventually lol. At least we were above normal on precipitation in parts of the Southeast for the month. Ended up with 2"-4" above for my area, which brought our lake up a foot and pushed the drought away some.

Wow, another month above normal. Too bad the cooler weather didn't last. One month will end it eventually lol. At least we were above normal on precipitation in parts of the Southeast for the month. Ended up with 2"-4" above for my area, which brought our lake up a foot and pushed the drought away some.

Indeed, the SE drought eased quite a bit in many areas including ATL area, my area, and the area just south of Rosie. Also, the areas near Chris/Macon and Phil's area improved somewhat though they can certainly use some more. However, areas near and east of weatherdawg (especially around Waycross) and the Orlando to Lake Okeechobee corridor are still VERY dry.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on June, Few days away and who wants to start the thread?

Back