• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Your Grade for Winter 2016 - 2017

ForsythSnow

Reaction score
Grade your winter here. It was okay for some, worst ever for others. I grade mine a B because I got around the average amount of snow for a winter here, but the rest was just miserable. However, it may seem strange, but because it had some moments where the heat was just so high, it increased the rating for me. I dare someone to say A+ :p.

Last edited:
I'd give it a 25/100. I saw 5 minutes of flakes in January. Other than a few nights with lows in the teens, it has been ridiculously mild and even warm. Multiple daily records set, including some warm minimums that were June-like. Not even many fantasy threats to enjoy.

Edited to add percentage.

Last edited:
I'd give my winter a 20% out of 100%. 10% for being cold some, and another 10% for that dusting I had back in early January.

I graded it D but thought about an F just because it's not up to the "Boston" of the southeast standards....however, since I can remember being shutout in my life the early Jan cold and ip/sn event was enough to save it from failing.

D for me, so ready for spring/summer to start over again with fall/winter

Even if I had amnesia or had slept for the last 3 months, I would still have a good indication by looking at the widespread wasps/other bugs as well as the lawns/flowers/pollen that it was easily a solid F in my location. I don't have the complete analysis done, but 2016-7 may have been as warm as the 4th warmest on record and quite possibly the warmest since 1931-2. As is usually the case, there was no wintry precip. Since that is normal, my grade is mainly based on the warmth. Otherwise, I'd be giving an F most winters for here.

If I were in Atlanta, I'd give it a D despite it being the 3rd warmest on record and warmest in 127 winters only because they did get a moderate ice storm.

Mods, please pin this for now. Otherwise, many might miss it.

F. A snow flurry doesn't make up for day after day of record warmth and one of the biggest busts in recent memory.

F+ Even the one opportunity in January only created a sleet storm in Hoover, AL. Couldn't even get it to flip to snow but for about 20 minutes. I work for a major natural gas company and our pipeline has had the lowest back to back throughput for Jan and Feb in history. We serve a big chunk of the SE so that tells you our HDDs for some big cities are at an all-time low.

I gave it a C because I saw 2-3 inches of snow which is more than I've seen in 3 years. I was considering giving it a B but it was too warm so I gave it a C.

F

Even if I happened to be lucky to see snow, it'd only get a D-. A dusting like last winter (which I feel was pure luck) would not have made up for weeks on end of well AN.

Back