• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey -
I'd really like to make a public comment.
That is - Thank you Larry (GaWx) and Webb (Webberweather53) for all of the great input y'all both provide, but far more personally, for taking the time to PM with me and share ideas and thoughts behind the scenes.
This place is very fortunate to have you both ... ;)
Phil

(and there are so many others)

Last edited:
If anyone was watching, Noru in the West Pacific is now a Super Typhoon with winds of 160 mph and a pressure of 912mb. Maybe it can reach 900mb or below?
vis.gif

Hey -
I'd really like to make a public comment.
That is - Thank you Larry (GaWx) and Webb (Webberweather53) for all of the great input y'all both provide, but far more personally, for taking the time to PM with me and share ideas and thoughts behind the scenes.
This place is very fortunate to have you both ... ;)
Phil

(and there are so many others)

I appreciate the kudos, Phil. You've made your great share of contributions, yourself! These shouldn't be minimized in your mind! One of the biggest ones from you is all of the work you've done with the wiki. Same goes for Forsyth regarding wiki!

I appreciate the kudos, Phil. You've made your great share of contributions, yourself! These shouldn't be minimized in your mind! One of the biggest ones from you is all of the work you've done with the wiki. Same goes for Forsyth regarding wiki!
FS gets the credit. He thinks. I just tote ... :cool:

Last edited:
Yep, in the event there is another very rare DEEP SE winter storm like that from 12/1989 and a winter like 1989-1990 overall, Phil and I would end up with more than most posters here! Of course, that wouldn't sit too well with some here as I'd bet the bitching would be at historical levels from them even though that happens only once every few decades at most. The rule at wx bbs in general seems to be that people who very rarely get snow (like Phil and me) can have their very rare treat but that the people who normally get way more had better get their share too or the complaining will be endless as if Mother Nature is intentionally doing a number on them lol.

Can you imagine if the main wx bbs had existed back in 1989-90?

Edit: 1976-7 similarly favored the very deep south.
I've often wondered how weather boards would have reacted if they existed during those epic winters in the late 70's and early 80's. Those were fun times!

I've often wondered how weather boards would have reacted if they existed during those epic winters in the late 70's and early 80's. Those were fun times!
We'll find out ...
There's more to come ... :cool:

Last edited:
There's a bunch of suggestions on long range projections that looks enticing, but there's been no time on this end to study. Hopefully there's a chance to formulate some analysis/thoughts and pipe in (for what little they may be worth ... o_O) ... until then ... occasional maps & info at 5 minute breaks, like these:
nao.mrf.gif

610temp.new.gif

Just no time to consider the whys and wherefores right now ... carry on ... :cool:

Last edited:
This goes on a lot in the weather community . Pick which run you like and ride it home
b078cd9d2dd582d513b4933af4dd19e1.gif

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I

its not that bad, its not like you are breaking records. That's what you get for getting so much rain. Am I doing this right?
Thats pretty good . However it was like i was in the shower the first 15 minutes at work #warehouselife

I should be at the beach right now but we had to push it two weeks cause of her work . This is her fault

Of course next thursday i have to go to arkansas for work im sure it will be 100 degrees woth horrible humidity

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back