• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
test
regional.png

Mountains look chilly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really back in the swing of things now, I was with my grandma for the weekend. Not much to really say except this was a pretty day.

I was trying to figure out whether or not that was the logo placed over another one or if it was maps you were working on LOL. It does look good so far. Perhaps a hint of what is to come?
Pretty excited to get our logo on there. This will be one thing that we are working on

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

My time hop pictures are killing me everyday seeing the last two great winters only to walk outside into a February sauna. Here's a few pictures from two winters ago to the day of about 3 inches of snow,sleet and then a beautiful glaze on top from the freezing rain that was falling. It was an extremely rare thing to have snow on the ground and then get freezing rain which I thought would melt it. Apparently the sleet really helped because I still had snow on the ground for another week and right as the last bit melted I got another 5 inches the first week of March. Man this winter sucks!

e786cbc37d254acbbd82791e2b6be598.jpg

e296ecd52bedad688bf1f8109f0981b9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Freezing rain will melt and freeze snow. One of the most widespread deep south winter storms, January 2011, my end result was a white ice pack that was about 3-4 inches deep, with a glaze on top. This was almost glacier like. I do not remember if whether we had sleet, but we started with snow (perhaps sleet was mixed in but I don't know as I was asleep). I remember looking outside early in the morning and it was like a white rain was falling (snow is quiet, and this was not nearly as quiet but it wasn't loud enough to make me think it was sleet) and I think now that I was looking outside when we were changing over to freezing rain.

I think I almost slipped on the makeshift ramp going out of my house later this day and my dad did slip. It took over a week for this glacier like stuff to fully disappear. We never lost power despite this being a mixed bag storm. In the historic ice storm a few years later, my parents said they lost power for a week (as soon as my grandparents power was on, they left and stayed with them on the other side of town, they had lost power themselves but were in a better area and had Georgia Power, unlike home).

Another flashback that is both fun and not so fun for me is 12-25-10. Probably my first and last White Christmas, the first of two surprising snowstorms I saw in Northwest Georgia (where one inch of snow and a dusting was predicted for them, well "one inch of snow" and a "dusting" turned into 4 inches of snow on Christmas and then 4 inches of high ratio snow a little over 3 years later at that private college).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back