• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me why there is a freeze warning for all of north ga except for areas in or around the mountains ?

They started the spring frost/freeze warning & advisory protocol on March 1 in all areas outside the mountains because of plants growing so early. For the mountains, and frost/freeze warnings & advisories will start April 1.

I've been wanting to do a video on the Oroville dam in California, so here is my video update about it.

march 3rd and i already had to mow our grass, not really the zoysia grass just the wild onions and other various weeds that sprout each spring......weed and feed next week.......

Would really like to get a heated discussion going, but ... it being a Friday night, there being absolutely no weather of interest to pontificate about (except perhaps a 39º forecast here tonight), and it being Lent and I swore I'd give it up ... Hope all is well your way and 'Night!

Last edited:
closing thought ...
Screen_Shot_2017_03_03_at_8_58_56_PM.png

Lol another epic fail by JB. His scaling for these pictures is off by *only* 0.4C... The last temperature trace on the right goes from +/- 1.2C, while the others range from +/- 0.8C Lmao... and some wonder why nobody in the meteorological community takes him seriously

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 11.55.32 PM.png

Lol another epic fail by JB. His scaling for these pictures is off by *only* 0.4C... The last temperature trace on the right goes from +/- 1.2C, while the others range from +/- 0.8C Lmao... and some wonder why nobody in the meteorological community takes him seriously

View attachment 307

That's not good. Say what you want about JB's passion, knowledge, etc. but objectivity is not at all how he operates.

That's not good. Say what you want about JB's passion, knowledge, etc. but objectivity is not at all how he operates.
Agreed, if he was actually objective, I could only imagine... He has a good personality, is definitely knowledgable in some respects and has some very basic understandings of the large scale system, but if you want someone to provide accurate forecasts year in and year out, he's definitely not it. JB is extremely biased, stubborn, has tunnel vision, and rarely, if ever, passes up an opportunity to hype

Agreed, if he was actually objective, I could only imagine... He has a good personality, is definitely knowledgable in some respects and has some very basic understandings of the large scale system, but if you want someone to provide accurate forecasts year in and year out, he's definitely not it. JB is extremely biased, stubborn, has tunnel vision, and rarely, if ever, passes up an opportunity to hype
Are you describing the majority of folks I deal with on a daily basis? LOL

More banter than discussion, but still a point worth considering -
Just in time for St. Patty's Day ... LOL (Lot's Of Luck and Laughing Out Loud)

4indices.png

There he goes again.... ugh. this time posting 15:1 ratio 240 HR snow accumulation maps. Disgraceful, irresponsible, childish, and nonsensical. For one thing, it's march, the temperatures are warmer and the moisture content of the snow (both of which determine snow ratios) will be lower, closer to 10:1, maybe even less, second of all, this has absolutely no ensemble support, but even if it did, why post this bs?
I still am scratching my head how he got a degree in meteorology. He honestly should consider retiring soon before he embarrasses himself any further.
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 10.28.58 AM.png

Lol thanks guys, I just can't deal w/ his stupidity sometimes... I honestly don't know why I still follow him on twitter, but I guess everyone likes a good train wreck?

I see the LR GFS is throwing us a friendly reminder that hurricane season is not terribly far away....

Attachments

• gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_50.png
    gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_50.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 14
Lol thanks guys, I just can't deal w/ his stupidity sometimes... I honestly don't know why I still follow him on twitter, but I guess everyone likes a good train wreck?

I see the LR GFS is throwing us a friendly reminder that hurricane season is not terribly far away....
Yeah, he seems to be more of a hyper on social media.

About the reminder of hurricane season, yeah, it's the 360 hour GFS, but you never know when a storm could pop up, such as last year with Alex forming in January. Another thing about the hurricanes, looking at the Indian ocean, the Euro went from showing a mega monster hurricane in the 920 millibars to in the 970 millibars in 24 hours. Quite a notable jump we should pay attention to when our hurricane season comes.

The euro still shows a monster storm, in fact the 12z run thus far is even stronger than the 0z.

0z run for 12z Sunday
ecmwf_mslpa_swio_7.png

New 12z run for the same time
ecmwf_mslpa_swio_5.png

Last edited:
Yeah, he seems to be more of a hyper on social media.

About the reminder of hurricane season, yeah, it's the 360 hour GFS, but you never know when a storm could pop up, such as last year with Alex forming in January. Another thing about the hurricanes, looking at the Indian ocean, the Euro went from showing a mega monster hurricane in the 920 millibars to in the 970 millibars in 24 hours. Quite a notable jump we should pay attention to when our hurricane season comes.

But you're definitely right about him being more hyper on social media, he's been getting worse IMO over the last several years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back