• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The euro still shows a monster storm, in fact the 12z run thus far is even stronger than the 0z.

0z run for 12z Sunday
View attachment 314

New 12z run for the same time
View attachment 315
Yep, back to being even stronger again. Must have been an error since we are back to being warm later in the run again. Looking at that strength, is that a historic storm for the area? I can't remember a time they were hit by a category 4.

Lol thanks guys, I just can't deal w/ his stupidity sometimes... I honestly don't know why I still follow him on twitter, but I guess everyone likes a good train wreck?

I see the LR GFS is throwing us a friendly reminder that hurricane season is not terribly far away....

Well as AGW progresses we'll just have 2 seasons. Hot and not as hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Writing a brief ... one paragraph or two ... take a break and check in here and there ... kudos for more activity here than there ... here's back to drafting ... ;)

Lol I actually can't believe he posted this ---- twice. Smh.

View attachment 321

View attachment 322
I wouldn't put too much energy into it. Yes, he is annoying in the way he acts there, but social media can be a black hole to your time and energy since people who aren't very intelligent populate most of it. I would give it a rest for now at least, you don't want to attract the trolls ;).

I like JB but why would you take ONE run of a model of a storm and post it on Twitter like it's going to happen. As bad as models are in general I wouldn't post that if it was a forecast for the next day much less 8 days away. I like to see the same storm show up at least 3 runs in a row before I even remotely consider that it may actually occur.

Holy hell 38 inch pizza
623dc932c81168462d78f34b139e1462.jpg
e0d7b8afa67a054a01e73fd23df3ffd3.jpg

This was what I had lol
c2cb64f5b90cfafcd8f010f1aa80ab49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Southernwx interview JB about a month ago? This has turned into somewhat of a witch hunt. Where are our manners? The guy has to do what he does to make $. That's what a capitalist economy is all about. Ignore him. Chill out ;)

Didn't Southernwx interview JB about a month ago? This has turned into somewhat of a witch hunt. Where are our manners? The guy has to do what he does to make $. That's what a capitalist economy is all about. Ignore him. Chill out ;)

First of all, this is not a witch hunt... Degreed meteorologists posting 240+ HR snow maps (on multiple occasions) is absolutely unacceptable, no if, ands or buts about it. The public doesn't understand uncertainties nor is willing to care, they only want yes or no answers, timing, how much in their backyard (if any), etc., hence when something like this is posted publicly multiple times it will spread like wildfire and be shared hundreds of times over, and when it doesn't come to fruition, then many will complain and/or continue to lose trust in any meteorological forecasts (even those who don't purposely hype every winter, shortwave disturbance, and/or African wave as a massive event for the east coast), it only makes the field look bad in the end. Hence, it's no wonder, few, if any legitimate meteorologists and researchers take JB seriously, and this is another prime example of the garbage he's been spewing for years. JB is massive weenie and deserves to be called out when he posts crap like that.

Winter was so different just two years ago. This was 5 inches of snow 2 years to the day and it was my third major winter storm that year since February 16th. 2 snow storms and one ice storm!

fd60c9efe45343d21014b4595269c80d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Yep. We had right at a foot with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back