• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cap's choke once again; I'm done...
Yeah i just don't get it . How does an offense like that get shutout in game 7.

MAF was great in goal for Pitt but man it's got to be brutal being a Washington fan

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Oh and Washington couldn't clear their own zone which is unreal

This was there year , look for big changes in the off-season. The Caps will look different next season

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

It's about time to go with sling TV, Amazon Firestick, and local antenna goodbye! Send cable and satellite packing!
I would go with Hulu's new live service instead. You get live TV like Sling with all the ESPN channels plus 50 hours of DVR service and the regular Hulu streaming library for $40 a month. I am seriously considering this and Netflix.

I would go with Hulu's new live service instead. You get live TV like Sling with all the ESPN channels plus 50 hours of DVR service and the regular Hulu streaming library for $40 a month. I am seriously considering this and Netflix.
I'm thinking about PlayStation Vue I literally watch 5 channels and tired of paying for crap

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about PlayStation Vue I literally watch 5 channels and tired of paying for crap

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I have a lot of stuff recorded on my DVR, but some shows I am 8 episodes behind on. I am lucky to watch 2 hours of TV a night. I figure if I am going to be that behind, might as well just get the new Hulu for live sports and stream everything else on demand, and add Netflix, and then get even more shows I'd like to check out for less money.

I have been having extreme internet issues over the last while. Trying to be around, but it's hard. Sorry bout that guys.

Same here Storm. We leave one week from today headed to the beaches of NW FLA (very western end of Panama City Beach) and return Memorial Day. Hope the warm dry pattern stays in place for that part of the world for at least that 10 days. My friends here in the office have already noticed random appearances of "Vacation Mike".

No ALL CAPS but this truly sux ... :(
Rain to the north, rain to the south and not a drop on me ...

Fell like I ducked into a bar door (Google the phrase) ...

Screen_Shot_2017-05-13_at_2.54.20_PM.png

Ran into a rainstorm
Ducked into a bar door
It was all night pouring, pouring rain
But not a drop on me

Based on some quick research and background knowledge, a DVR has a standard computer hard drive inside, but it is in a format unreadable by computers, so a direct connect to your PC would likely not work, unless you removed the drive and put it inside an enclosure that is USB connected to your computer. That would require removing the hard drive and also probably would violate your contract, so that solution is out. After seeing online answers, it seems the cable companies want you to lose the data on purpose so that users can't pirate movies. Sad that they can't do a transfer, but since it is an older box, the data wouldn't be compatible with the newer systems. I may be missing something, so maybe there is still hope. :)
Forsyth and LetItSnow, thanks for your replies about the DVR. I asked someone at GeekSquad who has been very helpful in the past with computer problems and whom I trust and he confirmed that it is actually illegal to transfer the recordings even though they are just things I want to be able to reaccess on my new DVR via transfers. So, I'm no longer going to pursue this. If I had recorded these on a VCR like I did until just a few years ago, I'd be able to keep them. So, it seems silly though I was ignorant. Keep in mind that a Comcast employee is who had originally told me to transfer my saved programs to prevent losing them. He never mentioned it being illegal!
The new box is X1. Hopefully it will save things into the Cloud so that future box changes will keep them.
Larry, Why can't you play it all back and record it onto your computer, or vcr? I just record straight to my computer via a tv tuner hooked to the cable....spliced off the out from the cable box, and over to my usb tuner. Got a 3 terrabyte drive to catch it all. Just have to stay up with burning, though I don't save that much. Did have the super bowl, but I can't see ever wanting to watch that again, unless I'm working up to shoot myself, lol. That wayI can burn them right away, if it's something I'd like to keep. As far as I can see you have a right to the recordings until the service is void. Why else let you save them and keep them in your home? T

No ALL CAPS but this truly sux ... :(
Rain to the north, rain to the south and not a drop on me ...

Fell like I ducked into a bar door (Google the phrase) ...

Screen_Shot_2017-05-13_at_2.54.20_PM.png
I've spent umteen years in your shoes, always out side the farthest ring on the bullseye. Now, I guess I'm getting some pay back. I'm getting in the bullseye a lot since two Xmas's back, except for that 72 day no rain mini drought last summer. I poured out a half inch recently, then 1 3/8's, and had more this morning early, and there were 20 years at least where I'd get a tenth from those kind of storms.....or 32 drops....always on the outside looking in. It's gremlins fooling with the micro climates. Dragging them from here to there, and then giggling about it. We were going to sacrifice virgins, but it seem such a waste! We just got used to no water.
There is only one tiny shower on your map within 15 miles of me, and it's right over my house on this map, lol. Sometimes you're favored, some times your frucked.T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back