• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent umteen years in your shoes, always out side the farthest ring on the bullseye. Now, I guess I'm getting some pay back. I'm getting in the bullseye a lot since two Xmas's back, except for that 72 day no rain mini drought last summer. I poured out a half inch recently, then 1 3/8's, and had more this morning early, and there were 20 years at least where I'd get a tenth from those kind of storms.....or 32 drops....always on the outside looking in. It's gremlins fooling with the micro climates. Dragging them from here to there, and then giggling about it. We were going to sacrifice virgins, but it seem such a waste! We just got used to no water.
There is only one tiny shower on your map within 15 miles of me, and it's right over my house on this map, lol. Sometimes you're favored, some times your frucked.T

I'm going with frucked on this round ... :eek:
Good to hear from you my man! :D
Stay in touch ... :p

You just have to believe in what you are seeing :) Otherwise you might worry, lol. They're everywhere! T
We're everywhere!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Larry, Why can't you play it all back and record it onto your computer, or vcr? I just record straight to my computer via a tv tuner hooked to the cable....spliced off the out from the cable box, and over to my usb tuner. Got a 3 terrabyte drive to catch it all. Just have to stay up with burning, though I don't save that much. Did have the super bowl, but I can't see ever wanting to watch that again, unless I'm working up to shoot myself, lol. That wayI can burn them right away, if it's something I'd like to keep. As far as I can see you have a right to the recordings until the service is void. Why else let you save them and keep them in your home? T

Thanks. After giving up on transferring to my PC, I actually did decide to record on my VCR as I played each DVR recording. The only negative is that the quality is poor.

Good to see you back!

Well between the cells over the swamp fires, and I 85 reopening.. Looks like a pretty good day in GA..
Hats off to the "weather powers" and to GDOT and C W Mathews for the good work.. Six weeks and two days since the fire..I never would have believed it possible.

So I'm a Live PD fan, Friday and Saturday nights on A&E.... Well no wonder people don't like SC, Columbia has always got something popping off, crazy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So I'm a Live PD fan, Friday and Saturday nights on A&E.... Well no wonder people don't like SC, Columbia has always got something popping off, crazy!

The previews look amazing I need to tune in next week

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I saw it last weekend for the first time. I love the live aspect of the show. Very entertaining show showing how difficult a job cops have! Hopefully, this will help their image after all of the negative PR in recent years.

Thanks. After giving up on transferring to my PC, I actually did decide to record on my VCR as I played each DVR recording. The only negative is that the quality is poor.

Good to see you back!
It's much better if you play it to your computer. You can get a good audio program and tinker all you want. I don't know how the dvr works, but if it plays thru your cable box, you can splice where it comes out, then over to a usb tv tuner set to cable. It decodes the tv and puts it on your computer as a mp.4. I don't think my tuner stick was more than 30 bucks on NewEgg. Hope the ice cream is good where ever your are :) Tony

It's much better if you play it to your computer. You can get a good audio program and tinker all you want. I don't know how the dvr works, but if it plays thru your cable box, you can splice where it comes out, then over to a usb tv tuner set to cable. It decodes the tv and puts it on your computer as a mp.4. I don't think my tuner stick was more than 30 bucks on NewEgg. Hope the ice cream is good where ever your are :) Tony

Tony, thanks for the advice! I'm impressed with your knowledge about this stuff. You deserve 3 feet of sleet for sharing this!

The ice cream is good because I'm in the big S and not far from the beach!

I saw it last weekend for the first time. I love the live aspect of the show. Very entertaining show showing how difficult a job cops have! Hopefully, this will help their image after all of the negative PR in recent years.
Could not agree more if anything it gives you a real sense of the "mouth" people have and often times disrespect for LEO, these officer's (for obvious reasons they are after all on live tv) show real patience and restraint at times. It makes for great family night entertainment ;)

On a different topic, I spent all day Saturday in the great metro Raleigh area looking for a used vehicle for my youngest daughter. I've been through this car buying thing many times and must say it never gets easier. With all due respect and I'm not directing this at ALL salepersons and if anyone here is in this profession God bless you; but for the most part I'd rather have a root canal without anesthesia then deal with pushy salesman!

On a different topic, I spent all day Saturday in the great metro Raleigh area looking for a used vehicle for my youngest daughter. I've been through this car buying thing many times and must say it never gets easier. With all due respect and I'm not directing this at ALL salepersons and if anyone here is in this profession God bless you; but for the most part I'd rather have a root canal without anesthesia then deal with pushy salesman!
sounds like going to see some lawyers I know ... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back