• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Ok. I will take the bait....

Yes, killing is a forgivable sin if you are truly convicted that it was wrong. Believing in Jesus and being saved are 2 different things. The religion of Islam believes in Jesus, but aren't saved. Being a Christian isn't a scapegoat to do whatever you want....if that is your mindset, you aren't a Christian. No, unless you confess to the Lord that you are a sinner and that you want salvation through the blood of the cross, you aren't going to Heaven. None of that is my opinion, it is fact based on the Word of God, something you have no argument against.
Well I have plenty of argument against it which is why I don’t see it as the word of god and why I don’t call myself a christian

That is some dangerous logic as it implies you can use religion to justify war. After all, killing is a forgivable sin, so as long as I believe in Jesus why don’t I kill to meet my aims? Why don’t I make hell on earth, after all I’m going to heaven because I believe in Jesus. I can do no wrong
"6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus."

Romans 6:1-11 ^

Anyone using God's grace or the sacrifice of Jesus to justify continuing their sin is in a very bad place and had better watch out.

Yes, I remember those posts. Based on your war comments, I interpreted it that maybe that was what led more directly to your turning away from your previous path, which is why I asked. The war question is very complex and there are whole books on that topic as it relates to Christians and the Bible. Unfortunately, war is a reality in a world with fallen and sinful humans. It is never a "good" thing, but sometimes it may be necessary or even just. Murder is a sin, but not all killing is a sin. I would say that killing is never "good" but sometimes is necessary; such as in situations of self-defense or some war times.

We see this in the Old Testament, for example when the Isrealites are called to kill the Canaanites. It was not a "good thing" but the Canaanites were doing some very terrible practices for hundreds of years and would not turn away. Beastiality, prostitution, murder, greed, and child sacrifice (to idols) to name a few. God basically "judged" the Canaanites with a war against them for their terrible actions. Is it fun, neat, and clean? No. Does it make some people uncomfortable to read that God would call for people to be killed? Sure. But God did so justly; when we murder we do so unjustly. God has the ability to take any of us out of this world at any time; it is not "murder" for Him because He is the eternal being, not a created being with no ability to give life. If Christianity is true, we don't really die when when our physical bodies die, we just change locations. People are not given the right to do that to another person without just cause (ie, self defense, certain war times, etc) but God is not one of us. Sometimes in these terrible Earthly events, "innocent" people die, like kids. Never a good thing, but unfortunately, other people often end up paying for the sins of those around them. God is just and those kids that die on Earth will be where they should in eternity. What that looks like for you and your military deeds I cannot say, that is between you and God. But I believe God is just and knows what is fair and right.
I am in a good place now so it's all good just wanted to give some background as to how I got here. Not going back to something that never worked for me but I am at peace with where I am at much like the rest of you!

Love hearing these experiences. The similarities to my 5 meo experience and this are amazing

Sandbar.....we agree on a lot of things, and I will never pass judgment on someone, that is only for God, but I just can't understand why people who supposedly have this type of experience wait decades to ever share it. To me, it seems way too far fetched, and doesn't follow the word of God. Its a great feel good story for many, but I just don't see God operating outside of his Word.

Sandbar.....we agree on a lot of things, and I will never pass judgment on someone, that is only for God, but I just can't understand why people who supposedly have this type of experience wait decades to ever share it. To me, it seems way too far fetched, and doesn't follow the word of God. Its a great feel good story for many, but I just don't see God operating outside of his Word.
I have had the experience and no you can't and will never understand until you learn to look past your eyes. I get this response from most people and it's always the same from you folks like you read it from a book, but every now and then someone gets it believe me! When they do the real conversation begins. That's why people wait to share it. I didn't wait and look how I have been treated.......The problem isn't me

I have had the experience and no you can't and will never understand until you learn to look past your eyes. I get this response from most people and it's always the same from you folks like you read it from a book, but every now and then someone gets it believe me! When they do the real conversation begins. That's why people wait to share it. I didn't wait and look how I have been treated.......The problem isn't me
I would love to hear about your experiences Sandbar, I didn't mean that at all. I agree, for people who haven't experienced things of this nature, it is almost incomprehensible, but I wasn't saying it wasn't true, only hard for ME to understand. If you have time, shoot me a message, I would love to hear your story.....not to argue it, just to hear it. Hopefully I didn't offend you, but if so, I apologize buddy.

I would love to hear about your experiences Sandbar, I didn't mean that at all. I agree, for people who haven't experienced things of this nature, it is almost incomprehensible, but I wasn't saying it wasn't true, only hard for ME to understand. If you have time, shoot me a message, I would love to hear your story.....not to argue it, just to hear it. Hopefully I didn't offend you, but if so, I apologize buddy.
No offense as you might not have seen my other post. You can search on here and find it but in short I went to a psychedelic retreat in Mexico that is set up by and funded by a program started by a couple of SEALS that got me treatment for my PTSD. That experience is what led me down this path. There is a video up a few pages back on 5-meo DMT by a gentleman who does a phenomenal job explaining the experience. It is very much like a NDE and it changes you in much the same way. You have to take these things in with an open mind in order to gain anything from it. I don't put this stuff up to change minds because it doesn't prove anybody wrong and isn't meant to just to give a different perspective on the afterlife. Some people are open minded, some aren't. It took me some time to process it all as well

No offense as you might not have seen my other post. You can search on here and find it but in short I went to a psychedelic retreat in Mexico that is set up by and funded by a program started by a couple of SEALS that got me treatment for my PTSD. That experience is what led me down this path. There is a video up a few pages back on 5-meo DMT by a gentleman who does a phenomenal job explaining the experience. It is very much like a NDE and it changes you in much the same way. You have to take these things in with an open mind in order to gain anything from it. I don't put this stuff up to change minds because it doesn't prove anybody wrong and isn't meant to just to give a different perspective on the afterlife. Some people are open minded, some aren't. It took me some time to process it all as well
Be careful my friend. These kinds of experiences can cause a false sense of security. I understand that those psychedelic treatments can be life changing. However, they may be ideals and feelings that were conjured up by your own mind, in a euphoric state, and not of a spiritual natural. Step back and think for a minute ..... while these experiences may be profound and bring you inner peace, do you think it is the way to heaven? Would you recommend it to children or young adults as a way to find God? I will say a prayer for you that you may discover the truth about Biblical Salvation.

Be careful my friend. These kinds of experiences can cause a false sense of security. I understand that those psychedelic treatments can be life changing. However, they may be ideals and feelings that were conjured up by your own mind, in a euphoric state, and not of a spiritual natural. Step back and think for a minute ..... while these experiences may be profound and bring you inner peace, do you think it is the way to heaven? Would you recommend it to children or young adults as a way to find God? I will say a prayer for you that you may discover the truth about Biblical Salvation.
Have you experienced this for yourself? I didn't do this to find God or whatever anybody wants to call him, I did it to stop from putting a bullet in my brain but thanks for your prayers.

Have you experienced this for yourself? I didn't do this to find God or whatever anybody wants to call him, I did it to stop from putting a bullet in my brain but thanks for your prayers.
I really do appreciate your service to our country and all that you've endured. I fully respect you and no I've not experienced your experiences but I do wonder why you try to discuss it in here. No offense but you come across as if you take offense to anything anyone post back in response. Everyone of us that has commented back have done so out of love and concern for you, yet you really don't want to hear it, you give downvotes and start coming across as angry. You say you want to discuss it, yet, in your mind if they have not been through it they don't have the right to do so. I'll be praying for you as well.

I really do appreciate your service to our country and all that you've endured. I fully respect you and no I've not experienced your experiences but I do wonder why you try to discuss it in here. No offense but you come across as if you take offense to anything anyone post back in response. Everyone of us that has commented back have done so out of love and concern for you, yet you really don't want to hear it, you give downvotes and start coming across as angry. You say you want to discuss it, yet, in your mind if they have not been through it they don't have the right to do so. I'll be praying for you as well.
I shared the story of how I saved my own life and you have concerns? About what? This is a tough one to follow. What exactly should I have done differently?

I shared the story of how I saved my own life and you have concerns? About what? This is a tough one to follow. What exactly should I have done differently?
Our concerns are not for how you saved your physical life here in the now but more of the fate of your eternal life in the after. That has been the concern all along

Our concerns are not for how you saved your physical life here in the now but more of the fate of your eternal life in the after. That has been the concern all along
If you want to show concern don't worry about me bro I'm where I need to be. Pray for those women and their kids who's father isn't here anymore because their prayers weren't answered in time. They are the ones who need them not me

We are so very thankful to all the men and women that had to witness "mind altering events" in the course of their military service. However, I am deeply concerned with whether or not folks truly find salvation for their souls. All of the emotional issues that stem from past experiences can be resolved, if we place them in God's hands. @Sandbar asked what he should have done differently......Well, I have put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ to save my soul and take away my sins. This included any memories from the past that would interfere with my Christian growth. He has helped me deal with life's challenges better than anyone else and I rely on him daily. Accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior will give you that inner peace that so many people seek. Some people use alcohol, drugs, women, and power to give them that immediate satisfaction, but these are temporary fixes. Jesus is the obvious answer to what folks are seeking, and yet they feel as though they don't need him. So sad.....

If you want to show concern don't worry about me bro I'm where I need to be. Pray for those women and their kids who's father isn't here anymore because their prayers weren't answered in time. They are the ones who need them not me
Aren’t you tired of religion being used to justify war and atrocities? I sure am.

We are so very thankful to all the men and women that had to witness "mind altering events" in the course of their military service. However, I am deeply concerned with whether or not folks truly find salvation for their souls. All of the emotional issues that stem from past experiences can be resolved, if we place them in God's hands. @Sandbar asked what he should have done differently......Well, I have put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ to save my soul and take away my sins. This included any memories from the past that would interfere with my Christian growth. He has helped me deal with life's challenges better than anyone else and I rely on him daily. Accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior will give you that inner peace that so many people seek. Some people use alcohol, drugs, women, and power to give them that immediate satisfaction, but these are temporary fixes. Jesus is the obvious answer to what folks are seeking, and yet they feel as though they don't need him. So sad.....
So many people also find inner peace without Jesus and without any women drugs alcohol or power . I’m glad you feel like he helped you but not everyone is lost and incapable of finding peace without Jesus.

Yeah well I did all that buddy. Every single last word of it I did for 45 years. How Many time do you need to be told I accepted Jesus a long time ago? Should I just go back to faking how I feel about religion? To lying about it? You seem to be far more concerned about me in the afterlife than you do in the now life but I don't want to offend you in any way bro since your trying so hard to help a man who no longer needs it or asked for it. Like I mentioned just above don't pray for me because I seemed out and found help. If you want to pray, pray for the 5 brothers I buried who's kids don't have a father to celebrate Christmas with this weekend. Pray for the men and women who protected your freedom to choose that religion who will kill themselves this weekend before getting help because I can guarantee you they are praying for guidance and putting it in God's hands as we speak. All I asked of any of you is to accept a different spiritual path that leads to people getting help and you can't even do that much without preaching to me? You would rather make sure I know you are the only one who knows the right way and I'm dead wrong than just accept? You call that following the teachings of Jesus? I really hate that you see sadness in any of this. That is just sickening to me but perhaps you guys are right. I took what should be a happy story and plopped it in the wrong place for that sort of thing

So many people also find inner peace without Jesus and without any women drugs alcohol or power . I’m glad you feel like he helped you but not everyone is lost and incapable of finding peace without Jesus.
It's not about real inner peace it's about being "right" over everybody else.....I don't think Jesus would call what he sees today as "winning". His message got lost a looooooong time ago from what I am witnessing today

Back