Misc All Things Religious

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Most of the debate is futile with nonbelievers and especially with nonbelievers who have no desire to find one ounce of truth. They hate God and anything associated with him, cherry pick scriptures to try and make their point but refuse to listen when respectful, thoughtful and thorough insights to the contrary are offered up. You can't read a passage here and there to get a full understanding. There takes Faith, belief and prayer along with prolonged in depth study to understand all scripture. Even then God's wisdom is beyond ours and none will fully understand until His return.
Also of note, none of them have ever been able to define what "good" is to them, only protest that "good" people don't go to heaven.

You can be all those things as long as before you die you promise god you are sorry for it and you really really mean it....
That’s just how “grace” works. It’s the kind of God that forgives someone who doesn’t “deserve” it, even if someone returns at the very end. What an appalling idea, huh?

It reminds me of the parable Jesus told in Matthew 20, where workers who showed up at “the eleventh hour” received the same as those who had worked faithfully all day long.

I know you guys love Scripture and of course I know you don't feel this way but this isn't love.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 English Standard Version (ESV)

6“If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known,7 some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, 8 you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. 9 But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."

In World War Two, American soldiers shot Germans, firebombed German cities, blew up their farmland, vehicles and equipment and killed their farm animals.

How horrible is that?

Most of the debate is futile with nonbelievers and especially with nonbelievers who have no desire to find one ounce of truth. They hate God and anything associated with him, cherry pick scriptures to try and make their point but refuse to listen when respectful, thoughtful and thorough insights to the contrary are offered up. You can't read a passage here and there to get a full understanding. There takes Faith, belief and prayer along with prolonged in depth study to understand all scripture. Even then God's wisdom is beyond ours and none will fully understand until His return.
Also of note, none of them have ever been able to define what "good" is to them, only protest that "good" people don't go to heaven.
Well I'm not a non-believer. I believe in a creator. I just can't follow the dogma of a war God dictator who wants to love me by ruling over me. In other words the God of the bible IS NOT MY CREATOR. He may be yours but my creator is inside me and always has been. You need to move past calling everyone who disagrees with you a non-believer

In World War Two, American soldiers shot Germans, firebombed German cities, blew up their farmland, vehicles and equipment and killed their farm animals.

How horrible is that?
War is horrible and any vet, including me will tell you it's beyond horrific. Ask the wives and husbands of vets why have taken their own life just how horrible it is. I can't believe you even asked me that. I don't even want to know what your point is

War is horrible and any vet, including me will tell you it's beyond horrific. Ask the wives and husbands of vets why have taken their own life just how horrible it is. I can't believe you even asked me that. I don't even want to know what your point is

You posted a fact out of the Bible and I posted a fact out of history. Neither of us mentioned context or an explanation.

For you the Bible verse shows that God isnt a God of love and fact I posted showed that the Americans butchered the German people.

Last edited:
Well I'm not a non-believer. I believe in a creator. I just can't follow the dogma of a war God dictator who wants to love me by ruling over me. In other words the God of the bible IS NOT MY CREATOR. He may be yours but my creator is inside me and always has been. You need to move past calling everyone who disagrees with you a non-believer
Ok

You posted a fact out of the Bible and I posted a fact out of history. Neither of us mentioned context or an explanation.

For you the Bible verse shows that God isnt a God of love and fact I posted showed that the Americans butchered the German people.
The fact is you can't defend what's in it period. It's all there in black and white and you really just proved my point. Religion kills people. It's done nothing but condone killing since it's inception but it isn't you doing the killing so you justify it with "Scripture" to make those of us who did the violence for you "feel better" about it. Research your own book, take the blinders off and become the worshiper Jesus meant you to be. Our own government is the worst offender of them all as you so eloquently pointed out

The fact is you can't defend what's in it period. It's all there in black and white and you really just proved my point. Religion kills people. It's done nothing but condone killing since it's inception but it isn't you doing the killing so you justify it with "Scripture" to make those of us who did the violence for you "feel better" about it. Research your own book, take the blinders off and become the worshiper Jesus meant you to be. Our own government is the worst offender of them all as you so eloquently pointed out

I could easily defend it, but it wouldn’t help. Besides you a missing the point completely as I’m not “making myself feel better”. I posted a fact completely out of context to prove how silly your point of just throwing out a few verses of scripture is. Ofcourse we know why Americans had to fight and they were completely justified in their actions. We also know by actually reading scripture that God was completely justified in imposing a very harsh law on the Jews which included stout mortal punishment upon those that broke it.

I don’t understand however what you meant about being the worshipper Christ wants me to be? Which Christ are we talking about now? The one from the Bible, the conglomerate one you have mentioned in the past or am I free to make up one?

Last edited:
I could easily defend it, but it wouldn’t help. Besides you a missing the point completely as I’m not “making myself feel better”. I posted a fact completely out of context to prove how silly your point of just throwing out a few verses of scripture is. Ofcourse we know why Americans had to fight and they were completely justified in their actions. We also know by actually reading scripture that God was completely justified in imposing a very harsh law on the Jews which included stout mortal punishment upon those that broke it.

I don’t understand however what you meant about being the worshipper Christ wants me to be? Which Christ are we talking about now? The one from the Bible, the conglomerate one you have mentioned in the past or am I free to make up one?
Ok defend this. Who is saying this? Is it the loving god? I dont need to see more scripture but I want to see you folks defend this crap you believe in with all your heart. if you don't believe it then of course you don't believe god's word according to you

Numbers 31:17-18

New International Version

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

When you are done defend this one. Remember this is the word of your peaceful loving god

Deuteronomy 20:10-14

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

More loving words from god

Exodus 21:7-11

7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[a] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

So much love for non-believers

2 Chronicles 15:12-13

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman".

Again....who is saying these things? Is this still god's word?

Luke 19:27

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Matthew 10:34

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword".

Ezekiel 35:7-9

I will make Mount Seir a waste and a desolation, and I will cut off from it all who come and go. And I will fill its mountains with the slain. On your hills and in your valleys and in all your ravines those slain with the sword shall fall. I will make you a perpetual desolation, and your cities shall not be inhabited. Then you will know that I am the Lord

Ok defend this. Who is saying this? Is it the loving god? I dont need to see more scripture but I want to see you folks defend this crap you believe in with all your heart. if you don't believe it then of course you don't believe god's word according to you

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

When you are done defend this one. Remember this is the word of your peaceful loving god

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[a] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman".

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword".

I will make Mount Seir a waste and a desolation, and I will cut off from it all who come and go. And I will fill its mountains with the slain. On your hills and in your valleys and in all your ravines those slain with the sword shall fall. I will make you a perpetual desolation, and your cities shall not be inhabited. Then you will know that I am the Lord
KJV all day!

KJV all day!
So you need me to post it in another bible version for you? It says the same thing. Do you agree with all this crap? I mean you have a dozen versions to choose from and all are supposed to be "the word of god". The fact is you can't defend it but you sure as heck don't seem bothered by it at all

So you need me to post it in another bible version for you? It says the same thing. Do you agree with all this crap? I mean you have a dozen versions to choose from and all are supposed to be "the word of god". The fact is you can't defend it but you sure as heck don't seem bothered by it at all
No, I'm not bothered by it in the least.

First question, did you actually find these in your Bible or did you simply google search.

If you actually did go and hunt for these verses then I’ll be happy to talk about what it is talking about considering the surrounding scripture.

If you did just google search these out, trying to talk about these verses will be like hitting Gak(if anyone remembers what that is) with a wooden mallet. The more verses we go through, the more you will just pull off google and before long you will be posting “Jesus wept” and telling me that shows that Jesus was always sad and following him makes you miserable.
The discussion would accomplish as much as me trying to tell you how horrible the M16 is despite never shooting one or knowing very much about it beyond an episode of Modern Marvels.

This discussion is interesting, but not that interesting.

Last edited:
First question, did you actually find these in your Bible or did you simply google search.

If you actually did go and hunt for these verses then I’ll be happy to talk about what it is talking about considering the surrounding scripture.

If you did just google search these out, trying to talk about these verses will be like hitting Gak(if anyone remembers what that is) with a wooden mallet. The more verses we go through, the more you will just pull off google and before long you will be posting “Jesus wept” and telling me that shows that Jesus was always sad and following him makes you miserable.
The discussion would accomplish as much as me trying to tell you how horrible the M16 is despite never shooting one or knowing very much about it beyond an episode of Modern Marvels.

This discussion is interesting, but not that interesting.
It's right in there buddy you just don't want to accept it. I can give you any version you prefer to see. it's still the same thing. I know it's probably a shock to many of you who didn't know this crap was in the bible. I didn't either until I started doing my own research by we are always told that the bible is god's word. Well I have shown it to you. The point I am trying to make is that this wasn't written by or for any creator that loves you. These words come from a brutal dictator that somehow convinced the people of his time that he was their lord. They obviously believed it