• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc August Auguring

inmsirse.gif

Well Accuweather put out a fall forecast map and it has the whole SE colored dark green , wet , with flooding possible! I hope they are right for once!

Well Accuweather put out a fall forecast map and it has the whole SE colored dark green , wet , with flooding possible! I hope they are right for once!
Umm, fall is our dry season. The only time we ever have a wet fall is if the tropics are involved. Sept-Nov tend to be bone dry. Last fall was pretty dry also if i recall correctly.

Umm, fall is our dry season. The only time we ever have a wet fall is if the tropics are involved. Sept-Nov tend to be bone dry. Last fall was pretty dry also if i recall correctly.
If it's a fall like 2004, in regards to the tropics, like JB said, I would love that!! Drought index should be worrisome tomorrow !

Accuweather fall forecast seems to be pretty good to me. Wet periods, cold spells falling down in the middle of the country. They also said places will see snowfall as early as Oct/Nov with the fall chilly air.

Accuweather fall forecast seems to be pretty good to me. Wet periods, cold spells falling down in the middle of the country. They also said places will see snowfall as early as Oct/Nov with the fall chilly air.
The snow would be limited to the upper plains/ Midwest, which is practically normal for that time of year up there it seems. As for here, it read that little cool downs are expected and the humidity will persist, though I don't put much stock into Accuweather's newer guy.

Good luck with winters that start with snow around Halloween ... :eek:

Hey its anyones game here, lol. I bet we start out totally opposite of what they have

I also remember Accu putting there fall forecast out before saying warmth, and end of being a cold fall

I love big October cold and storms in the SE , and snows into the blue ridge mountains! Those make great winters , if you like snow in March

So the drought monitor map finally has me as normal (it's last week's but I just noticed), lol lol, that may have happened a while ago considering the ridiculous amount of rain I got for July.

It feels pretty darn good out there considering its Aug 2nd. 84 degrees with a dp of 59 in Atlanta is hard to beat in early August.

Back