• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc August Auguring

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_11.png
Despite it showing worse on the GFS, there is plenty of rain in the Southeast that keeps us cool. It shows highs in the upper 70s for some a few days and 80s and lower 90s for the rest. Not horrible.

Lots of talk on the tropical update blog over there at Jeff Master page about the central gulf blob. Saying wind shear is currently dropping in the gulf and if thunderstorms continue over night then we could get a low percentage of development. Often at tail ends of troughs you can see a quick spin up with 24\48 hrs if shear low enough.

Bring it on! I see nothing but rain coming in 2 days onward for the Southeast. Hoping it rains more over you guys up there in the Carolinas!
Its looking like the 7-14 day period could be quite wet with a SW flow aloft and the west atlantic ridge keeping fronts close to the region instead of plowing offshore

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Both the GFS/Euro agree on Dallas getting over 5 inches of rain before August 10th...

we average less than 2 inches this month... :eek:

Shetley has been quiet, it gone rain! :)

Shetley has been quiet, it gone rain! :)
There's a better chance of me finding a GF than there is of rain. Meaning it won't rain.

Actually though it does look wet over the next couple of week. IF we get that southwest flow and stalling fronts,that 4-8 over GA and the Carolina's could happen.

I'm glad Jack-leg July is over !! That sucked!! On to big hopes for Ass-tastic August

I guess we could be worse off, Seattle is forecast to be 97 degrees today and 106 for Portland! A lot of people out there, don't have A/C

Back