• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

bigstick10 link said:
Yes the winter of 15/16 is closed.  I know u meant 16/17, but I disagree, I think we have a lot of surprises to get.  The negativity on here is amazing.

LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=SoutheastRidge link=topic=2.msg59#msg59 date=1480708391]
Please God let there be precip next Fri-Sun to go along with the cold temps. I get this feeling that if we don't score by Mid January we're not scoring at all this winter.
I felt that way for the last few months but now I'm not so sure . especially if get a PV split again down the line. Analogs certainly don't look promising post mid january

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Well with the track record of analogs last couple of winters, that's good news to me.    Man 'ol man Winter is about to show up and it could not come at a better time, things really look promising moving forward.

acj7QJGgBBeUg.gif

bigstick10 link said:
I disagree, I think we have a lot of surprises to get.  The negativity on here is amazing.
no one is being negative they are giving their opinions

Hope this is not a one and done, cold shot, and it has some staying power! It's fun getting arctic cold in place and score snow from the frontal band of the next Arctic front! If we could lock that pattern in for a few weeks and sneak a southern wave in the mix, we will be happy! Happy!Happy!

18z spits out a little frozen next Thursday along the arctic front
5b6f74ff2500b1f3684360cf8d50a11c.jpg
c9b86c7689107899aeb2c2753ea4b9dc.jpg

hot damn the 18z gfs is close to popping a full blown gulf low next sunday. sharpen the trough and dig a little more
5b43d860eb52909481467aad4dedbd64.jpg
64cf5db2caf58b05e078b0de7acd1b21.jpg

Dec 12th-16th looks like a lot of potential fun on the table...

18z gfs happy produces . it's close twice in the 11th-15th period . I said it this morning the week of the 12th for someone in the southeast....

whatalife link said:
Dec 12th-16th looks like a lot of potential fun on the table...

yes sir

SD link said:
The gfs gives me the warm fuzzies

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
The 0z, will give you the cold pricklies!
Everything is looking good, let's hope it works out! A cold rain this Sunday and a lot of the Carolinas will be stuck in low/mid 40s for highs! That should help the BN temps for the month and the following weekend, should help also

Tarheel1 link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=2.msg88#msg88 date=1480721691]
The gfs gives me the warm fuzzies

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
The 0z, will give you the cold pricklies!
Everything is looking good, let's hope it works out! A cold rain this Sunday and a lot of the Carolinas will be stuck in low/mid 40s for highs! That should help the BN temps for the month and the following weekend, should help also
[/quote]

Yeah the next 10 days should average out below normal but Monday-Thursday will probably end up slightly positive because of warmer overnight lows. I find the evolution of the upcoming pattern fascinating because there is so much going on. Should be a fun month and I wouldn't be shocked to see a few snow flakes before Christmas but I'm not too high on that thought yet

Back