• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to be a bit nipply out!

Things possibly getting interesting around the timeframe I was expecting. About time, more and more like Spring here everyday. Just hope it comes to fruition! Fab Feb ftw!

Things possibly getting interesting around the timeframe I was expecting. About time, more and more like Spring here everyday. Just hope it comes to fruition! Fab Feb ftw!
Feb 3-5 will snow in Charlotte

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Something interesting around hour 300. Goofy is stupid cold at the end of the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c27253bd7dd0c69df8d553dacb7da63c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

c27253bd7dd0c69df8d553dacb7da63c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
The EPS sure looks like dog doo for days 10-15, for sure! Gonna have to have a great last half to Feb to pull off that cfsv2 to verify!

The EPS sure looks like dog doo for days 10-15, for sure! Gonna have to have a great last half to Feb to pull off that cfsv2 to verify!
lol you must have checked out the board of doom before coming here. the eps isn't that bad not to mention it's been all over the place post day 10

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

^Plus Mack is a natural pessimist at least IMO although he has ended up being correct on a number of occasions. Blind squirrel?

Latest MJO two week forecast consensus remains rather favorable with it headed for the circle within the next couple of days. This is followed by a counterclockwise turn taking it in the general direction of the left side of the circle or just outside by the end of the two week forecast, which would then be a favorable for SE cold MJO fwiw.

Latest GEFS NAO remains moderately positive.

Latest GEFS AO day 14 has turned back moderately negative. However, the GEFS day 14 bias averaged over the last four months has been a ridiculously bad ~-1.00! So, we need an even more negative AO day 14 forecast before I'd start leaning toward it going negative then. Regardless, today's more -AO day 14 forecast is moderately encouraging. The 0Z EPS' AO forecast late in week 2 is not as negative as yesterday but it still is negative. However, it has switched from yesterday's -NAO to a pretty neutral NAO in late week 2.

Latest GEFS PNA forecast remains moderately positive.

Last edited:
One thing that I don't think can be debated is that the GFS suite has had a really bad cold bias in recent weeks in the E US. I mean awful! The Euro/EPS has been much better as a result. So, I'd advise we take future cold E US GEFS with a huge grain of salt when the EPS is not cold. Perhaps a good portion of this cold bias can be tied to its ridiculous -AO bias, which has averaged a whopping -1.0 at day 14 over the last four months as noted in my prior post!

One thing that I don't think can be debated is that the GFS suite has had a really bad cold bias in recent weeks in the E US. I mean awful! The Euro/EPS has been much better as a result. So, I'd advise we take future cold E US GEFS with a huge grain of salt when the EPS is not cold. Perhaps a good portion of this cold bias can be tied to its ridiculous -AO bias, which has averaged a whopping -1.0 at day 14 over the last four months as noted in my prior post!

Enthusiasm Curbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking about Clipper in the Jan thread, and then the rest of the run here.

This run isn't very entertaining but IMO, it's more realistic than what I saw on 0z. On the 0z I saw a big cutter in the long range not change the pattern for some reason. On this one, it brings back the eastern trough, though it's not as sharp.

(although of course it doesn't last long for some reason)

No thanks. Falling right in that sweet spot time-frame of FEB. :|

fdd.png

There's a gulf disturbance right at the end of the run but since there's no strong eastern trough it causes an ice storm in the Carolinas and all rain elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back