• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January thread part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD said:
Maybe a new thread can bring the good mojo

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

SD,  do you think we get some help from the strat warming that's ungoing?  Been hearing alot about it lately. I just want to see a better chance at something other than transient pattern

Though not nearly as cold as the 12Z EPS and the 18Z GFS, the 18Z GEFS is the coldest GEFS for the SE US in the 11-15 yet. It even subtly hints at a possible wintry event mainly for the upper SE 1/31-2/1 fwiw (not much).

SD said:
Storm5 said:
whatalife said:
798255c88106dfca2238f975470aed8c.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish she would

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
d55b17147bdf9e134b6e51c651ecbfa6.jpg

it's well known carrie is my number 1. Britney has an edge to her though

Storm5 said:
SD said:
Storm5 said:
I wish she would

d55b17147bdf9e134b6e51c651ecbfa6.jpg

it's well known carrie is my number 1. Britney has an edge to her though

Sorry guys but I'll take the edge and also the edge of January through the middle of February for the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how we have laptop version to this website

So sick of seeing the low's move NE towards the Ohio Valley or Great Lakes...it's time for something to start happening by Feb 1.....
Edit...that Jan 31/Feb 1 period is the ticket....I'm in for it!

Stormlover said:
So sick of seeing the low's move NE towards the Ohio Valley or Great Lakes...it's time for something to start happening by Feb 1.....
that's the start of the time frame when we should see the storm track drop south

Stormlover said:
Edit...that Jan 31/Feb 1 period is the ticket....I'm in for it!

lol, starting to look like the last one did with Birmingham south in the sweet spot..that's great this far out...that is another great look...I hereby dub it the National Signing Day Southern Winter Storm!

I love what the GFS is showing, things starts looking interesting after 200hr mark

Just for s***s and giggles, the 0z GFS has a similar storm to the last one that worked out for some, but it's in REAL falalalalalalala land.

It also still has snow deep in Mexico like the 18z....LMAO.

The best chance of winter weather will be the last few days of this month in Feb. The GFS has been hinting at some winter event after the colder air settles in. We'll have a dry NW flow for a couple of days after a cold front passage from a cutter. Looking like the NW facing slopes will be in for some good snows next weekend (if modeling holds true). A high should build in after the frontal passage cutting off the NW flow. When this occurs, another system should pull from the southern stream and that's what could give is the potential for a winter event late month into Feb.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Much Colder Pattern for All of the Southeast is likely for late month and first week of February, All we need now is Moisture to mix with Cold Temperatures. because in the South Cold chasing Moisture never works out. :mad:

GeorgiaGirl said:
Just for s***s and giggles, the 0z GFS has a similar storm to the last one that worked out for some, but it's in REAL falalalalalalala land.

I like the interested look system, before the big  falalalalalala land storm lol. That should be our leading edge of great things to come

accu35 said:
GeorgiaGirl said:

I like the interested look system, before the big  falalalalalala land storm lol. That should be our leading edge of great things to come

We shall see!!

That's the first GFS run that I've seen that really gets cold when the pattern changes. I've seen the pattern change, but it's mostly sent us back to slightly below average-average temps at best. This one looks cold after the pattern flips and I just glanced at it.

GeorgiaGirl said:
That's the first GFS run that I've seen that really gets cold when the pattern changes. I've seen the pattern change, but it's mostly sent us back to slightly below average-average temps at best. This one looks cold after the pattern flips and I just glanced at it.

Your right, it get pretty cold and stays longer. I'm really liking our chances.

GaWx said:
Though not nearly as cold as the 12Z EPS and the 18Z GFS, the 18Z GEFS is the coldest GEFS for the SE US in the 11-15 yet. It even subtly hints at a possible wintry event mainly for the upper SE 1/31-2/1 fwiw (not much).
I'm putting my money on the Falcons in the SB, and a sleet storm across here at the end of the month, and I like my chances ::)  Goofy sees the truth way off now...it's like magic! T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back