• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May-hem

Tornado watch incoming
mcd0832.gif

Well, there's the kiss of death. When is the last time we actually had storms of any significance around here when under a watch?

Wake Co. split incoming, according to the 18z HRRRRRRRRR^R

It would be funny if it didn't happen so often. I swear, any system that isn't sunny and dry is so hard to forecast around here now.

Wouldn't surprise me but the parameters have come together nicely over the last few hours. Lapse rates are a little meh but other than that the atmosphere doesn't look bad at all

Wouldn't surprise me but the parameters have come together nicely over the last few hours. Lapse rates are a little meh but other than that the atmosphere doesn't look bad at all
Interested to see if any discrete cells can get going out ahead of the main band..
Like the one down there just SE of Lumberton that may be one that will need to be watched

Interested to see if any discrete cells can get going out ahead of the main band..
Like the one down there just SE of Lumberton that may be one that will need to be watched
I would guess that this setup favors more of the grouped together multicells with the southern or southeastern storm having a potential to produce a tornado

I would guess that this setup favors more of the grouped together multicells with the southern or southeastern storm having a potential to produce a tornado
Gotcha.... I see the cell I mentioned is no longer a discrete cell. So rain wrapped mess, nice. And that line coming in out SC is getting it's act together.

Gotcha.... I see the cell I mentioned is no longer a discrete cell. So rain wrapped mess, nice. And that line coming in out SC is getting it's act together.
Yeah Im about to head home from the office a little early. I loathe the idea of being on I40 in a severe tstorm

Yeah Im about to head home from the office a little early. I loathe the idea of being on I40 in a severe tstorm
With the way things are playing out right now the HRRR not that far off from the split it was showing earlier....

Tornado warning for Yadkin and Forsyth Counties NC until 4:45 PM. Areas affected are Lewisville, Stanleyville, Courtney, Yadkinville, Rural Hall. Funnel cloud reported on the ground NE of Mockcville NC moving NE at 4:10PM

HRRR looks pitiful for Wake. 18Z NAM looks a lot better.

Tornado warning for Yadkin and Forsyth Counties NC until 4:45 PM. Areas affected are Lewisville, Stanleyville, Courtney, Yadkinville, Rural Hall. Funnel cloud reported on the ground NE of Mockcville NC moving NE at 4:10PM
Yeah it's been fairly active in western part of NC this afternoon no doubt

Y'all have a tornado warned cell due south if it holds look out.....
That whole line is severe warned. It's one county away from me right now. Should hit the SE Wake dispersion zone here momentarily.

Back