• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather Threat April 2-3

Are there currently subtle differences between the GFS & EURO regarding this system?
They are pretty similar. The Euro is slightly stronger and farther NW with the sfc low. It looks like they might be handing the potential gulf coast convection differently.

GFS signals a strong threat as well... Sounding for Dallas GA
2017033112_GFS_084_33.87,-85.02_severe_ml.png

SPC going w/ an expansive day 2 MDT across the northwestern Gulf coast. This probably won't bust like the TN valley D2 MDT this past week given favorable large-scale forcing and the trough's amplitude and proximity to the GOM. While upscale growth will be a concern wrt tornadoes, and this trough will shear out considerably as it gets further east, the wind threat is liable to remain relatively high as this nears the MS valley...
day2otlk_0600.gif

The Weather Channel has a torcon of 6 for SE Texas/Western LA tomorrow and a torcon of 5 for Southern GA/North FL for Monday. They also mentioned that those numbers might still be raised as the day goes on. This looks to be a big one

May need another thread for mid-late next week, Euro is going ballistic w/ 4000-5000 j/kg CAPE over SE MS
View attachment 504

Fire it up your having good luck . Yeah that one keeps trending more and more towards a nice event . Gfs isn't as aggressive as the euro but it's no doubt a period to watch

Edit : 12z gfs
432b1f64d9178679f4a3454c682ac016.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not looking good at all.
stp.us_se.png

I also haven't seen an effective layer STP sounding so high in Georgia. This one is over Cobb county.
nam4km_2017040112_057_34.03--84.42.png

Gonna have to watch and see , as shane pointed out forcing looks like it's gonna push everything linear which would help keep things from getting out of hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back