• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2024-25 Discussion

La Niña. Favorable window dec 15th to jan 15th then winter is over. Southeast ridge and + 8 next February, and +5 next January when it warms up past mid month. If we don’t snow early next winter, winter is already over, so go ahead and make the 2025-2026 winter thread, because it doesn’t snow in December anymore.

La Niña. Favorable window dec 15th to jan 15th then winter is over. Southeast ridge and + 8 next February, and +5 next January when it warms up past mid month. If we don’t snow early next winter, winter is already over, so go ahead and make the 2025-2026 winter thread, because it doesn’t snow in December anymore.
You read my mind

So this is supposed to be a la nina again. Can't be worse than what we're currently getting. Should be more cold air up to out NW. Problem is the storm track will favor the folks to our west (like Memphis). We'll have to hope for some blocking and a perfectly timed system. It didn't happen the last three years, but it's happened before. 1996...

I've just completed an exhaustive research project to determine the expected winter pattern based on any number of dynamic subseasonal variables. This should help us navigate through the model noise as we try to make sense of how winter should turn out during any given year:

Climo1.jpg

Let me know if any questions come up, and I'll be happy to answer them.

I've just completed an exhaustive research project to determine the expected winter pattern based on any number of dynamic subseasonal variables. This should help us navigate through the model noise as we try to make sense of how winter should turn out during any given year:

View attachment 140072

A+ la neutralo had me rolling

View attachment 140072

Where's the map for sun angle?

Back