• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2024-25 Discussion

I've just completed an exhaustive research project to determine the expected winter pattern based on any number of dynamic subseasonal variables. This should help us navigate through the model noise as we try to make sense of how winter should turn out during any given year:

View attachment 140072

Let me know if any questions come up, and I'll be happy to answer them.
Man this is great!!!!! Imagine the possibilities lol

I love Nina’s! Let’s go! 60” or nothing !

Last time Raleigh went 2 consecutive years without a trace of snow was 1991, 1992....the 3rd winter looked like this and we got to watch everyone south/east of us get 2ft of snow that March. That should brighten our outlook for next winter...

aku7bqvvU0.png

Last time Raleigh went 2 consecutive years without a trace of snow was 1991, 1992....the 3rd winter looked like this and we got to watch everyone south/east of us get 2ft of snow that March. That should brighten our outlook for next winter...

View attachment 146367
It doesn't lol

Few ideas for the 2024-25 season...
1) We'll challenge records for earliest and latest freezes, but winter itself ends up with record fewest DJF freezes.
2) Halloween colder than Christmas.
3) Easter colder than Valentines Day
4) 400% of normal snow in Seattle
5) at some point, Memphis 15 degrees with sleet while it's 80 in Raleigh.

Back