• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcbjr said:
ForsythSnow said:
Shawn said:
This is a test post.

Test post is received. Delete if you want.

Works but is there a way to get the most recent at the top rather than the bottom of the page?

I don't think this software would work that way.  Posts are usually loaded top to bottom on most forum/discussion software.

Shawn said:
pcbjr said:
ForsythSnow said:
Test post is received. Delete if you want.

Works but is there a way to get the most recent at the top rather than the bottom of the page?

I don't think this software would work that way.  Posts are usually loaded top to bottom on most forum/discussion software.

Understand - but when I click the link for "Most Recent" it takes me instead to the very 1st page of the thread - not the most recent post I want to read in the thread. Then I have to go to the last page of the thread and then scroll all the way to the bottom. I'm sure it's on my end but it works that way in Firefox and Safari   ?????????

pcbjr said:
Shawn said:
pcbjr said:

Understand - but when I click the link for "Most Recent" it takes me instead to the very 1st page of the thread - not the most recent post I want to read in the thread. Then I have to go to the last page of the thread and then scroll all the way to the bottom. I'm sure it's on my end but it works that way in Firefox and Safari   ?????????

Oh yeah!  That bugs the crap out of me too!  I will look into it!

Okay guys. The server move was successful. Please let us know if there is still an issue with posts showing up!

Brick Tamland said:
Well, after a break from the last storm I am starting to follow things again. The models were way off here with the amount of snow they were showing for here, but it was still a decent storm. Not sure I will be as active as I used to be because they are cracking down on people using the Internet at work. Been there 14 years and never had a problem getting my work done. Not my fault my brain works differently and I am smart enough to actually get my work done and can read something online at the same time. Funny thing is my manager used to ask me for updates whenever there is a potential winter storm. It's silly how some see using the Internet at work as wasting time worse than others who take smoke breaks all day or walk around and chat all day long
I'm with you as long as the work is completed timely, who cares?! My guess is someone complained usually how these things work. Office politics and Office snitches...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pcbjr said:
Shawn said:
pcbjr said:

Try now! I think I may have fixed it.

Can we get a link at the bottom of a thread page that will take us back to the General Weather page instead of having to click the back arrow or scroll back to the top? The old format used to have this. Thanks!

packfan98 said:
Can we get a link at the bottom of a thread page that will take us back to the General Weather page instead of having to click the back arrow or scroll back to the top?  The old format used to have this. Thanks!

I will look into this now.  Are you on desktop or mobile layout?

Shawn said:
packfan98 said:
Can we get a link at the bottom of a thread page that will take us back to the General Weather page instead of having to click the back arrow or scroll back to the top?  The old format used to have this. Thanks!

Desktop.  Thanks!

packfan98 said:
Shawn said:
packfan98 said:

Desktop.  Thanks!

Okay, I will be configuring a change that will put a "return to top" button next to the post options like "edit, reply" etc.

Okay, the button for "Return to top" has been added.

Shawn said:
Still some bugs on mobile, it seems to me!?

Tarheel1 said:
Shawn said:
Still some bugs on mobile, it seems to me!?

Tapatalk or the mobile theme will not have the buttons as they are trimmed down versions of the website to save mobile data.

Are you talking about another bug with the mobile theme on m.southernwx.com?

Hey guys for some reason I haven't been able to upload my profile picture for the last few days. Can't do it from Tapatalk or the regular site. I'm using my iPad which worked fine before but not no more.

olhausen said:
Hey guys for some reason I haven't been able to upload my profile picture for the last few days. Can't do it from Tapatalk or the regular site. I'm using my iPad which worked fine before but not no more.

Try now.

Shawn said:
olhausen said:

Try now.

Ok I was able to do it on the regular site but not Tapatalk. Unfortunately doing it from Tapatalk would make it so my picture is not sideways but every time I try it from there it say download failed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I see that people are posting in the Winter thread by looking at the general weather page. However, the last post I can see is from two hours ago...last post feature has also stopped working. This seems to happen a couple of times per day for about an hour and then it seems to fix itself.

packfan98 said:
Well, I see that people are posting in the Winter thread by looking at the general weather page. However, the last post I can see is from two hours ago...last post feature has also stopped working. This seems to happen a couple of times per day for about an hour and then it seems to fix itself.
that's odd , we will keep looking into it. It has to be an account issue . if it was a board issue everyone would be having the same issues

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
packfan98 said:
that's odd , we will keep looking into it. It has to be an account issue . if it was a board issue everyone would be having the same issues

Several of us are unfortunately.... it's happening to me daily also. And I see georgiagirl having same issue. I have to go on Tapatalk to see the post

Although I can come in this thread and post/view no issues

Storm5 said:
packfan98 said:
Well, I see that people are posting in the Winter thread by looking at the general weather page.  However, the last post I can see is from two hours ago...last post feature has also stopped working.  This seems to happen a couple of times per day for about an hour and then it seems to fix itself.

Same. Last post I can see is also two hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back