• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
metwannabe said:
Storm5 said:
packfan98 said:
Well, I see that people are posting in the Winter thread by looking at the general weather page. However, the last post I can see is from two hours ago...last post feature has also stopped working. This seems to happen a couple of times per day for about an hour and then it seems to fix itself.
that's odd , we will keep looking into it. It has to be an account issue . if it was a board issue everyone would be having the same issues

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Several of us are unfortunately.... it's happening to me daily also. And I see georgiagirl having same issue. I have to go on Tapatalk to see the post

Although I can come in this thread and post/view no issues
that was my point it's a handful. it has to be an issue when we merged accounts. If it was a board issue every single person would have issues .

The weird part is that this thread is working correctly. I can use the last post feature here with no problem.

While I'm trying to participate I'm not seeing my posts or any other new posts either while logged in in the January thread.

OK. January thread is now working properly. All of the new posts happen to be on a new page in the thread. Maybe there's an issue when the number of responses on the page gets maxed out. Thanks!

Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
Storm5 said:
that's odd , we will keep looking into it. It has to be an account issue . if it was a board issue everyone would be having the same issues

Several of us are unfortunately.... it's happening to me daily also. And I see georgiagirl having same issue. I have to go on Tapatalk to see the post

Although I can come in this thread and post/view no issues
that was my point it's a handful. it has to be an issue when we merged accounts. If it was a board issue every single person would have issues .

I know that was your point, I was just pointing out other's were having the issue too.... I know at one time it looked like it was just down to one account and I was just clarifying

packfan98 said:
OK. January thread is now working properly. All of the new posts happen to be on a new page in the thread. Maybe there's an issue when the number of responses on the page gets maxed out. Thanks!
That is looking like it might be the case

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Did the "Return to top" or "General Weather" links disappear? I'm on desktop and those were a nice addition! Following on Facebook and Twitter now. I haven't found the Youtube channel yet but am very excited for all the new features coming up!! Big "Thanks" to all that are putting in the time and effort to provide this awesome Southern_wx experience!

stretch46 said:
Did the "Return to top" or "General Weather" links disappear? I'm on desktop and those were a nice addition! Following on Facebook and Twitter now. I haven't found the Youtube channel yet but am very excited for all the new features coming up!! Big "Thanks" to all that are putting in the time and effort to provide this awesome Southern_wx experience!

The Return to Top is at the bottom right of each post. I do miss the General Weather link on the bottom of the pages.

packfan98 said:
stretch46 said:

The Return to Top is at the bottom right of each post. I do miss the General Weather link on the bottom of the pages.

Ah yes, there it is. Thanks!
And yes, my VCR is still blinking "12:00" haha

Hey guys. I have changed some DNS settings. If you are experiencing missing imagery, buttons, please delete your history/cache/cookies, relogin to the site and see if it's working for ya.

Also, let me know if you're still having post viewing issues after clearing your old data. I think we might be onto a true fix.

Shawn said:
Hey guys.  I have changed some DNS settings.  If you are experiencing missing imagery, buttons, please delete your history/cache/cookies, relogin to the site and see if it's working for ya.

Also, let me know if you're still having post viewing issues after clearing your old data.   I think we might be onto a true fix.

Hi Shawn.  Nothing is missing.  The page format is different than before the site crashed.  Before the site went down and you switched to an individual server, each page that you viewed in a thread would have these links at the bottom:

Southern WX Forums > Weather Talk > General Weather

This was very handy.  We miss it.  Can you put it back?  Thanks for all of the hard work!

packfan98 said:
Shawn said:
Hey guys.  I have changed some DNS settings.  If you are experiencing missing imagery, buttons, please delete your history/cache/cookies, relogin to the site and see if it's working for ya.

Also, let me know if you're still having post viewing issues after clearing your old data.   I think we might be onto a true fix.

Hi Shawn.  Nothing is missing.  The page format is different than before the site crashed.  Before the site went down and you switched to an individual server, each page that you viewed in a thread would have these links at the bottom:

This was very handy.  We miss it.  Can you put it back?  Thanks for all of the hard work!

That's at the top of the page.  Are you wanting it at the bottom too?

Shawn said:
packfan98 said:
Shawn said:

Yes please. I think it's very helpful to navigate the site more efficiently.  Does anyone else agree?

packfan98 said:
Shawn said:
packfan98 said:

Yes please. I think it's very helpful to navigate the site more efficiently.  Does anyone else agree?

It's on, and says "Forum Jump" next to it now.

Uggghhhh. Every time I click on the January discussion, it takes me back to the very first page of the thread on mobile!! Very frustrating, logged in and back out, still doing it ! When I click on next newest, it says no new posts

packfan98 said:
OK. January thread is now working properly.  All of the new posts happen to be on a new page in the thread.  Maybe there's an issue when the number of responses on the page gets maxed out. Thanks!

Yep and apparently page 8 just got full....  posting issues again I see.

Tarheel1 said:
Uggghhhh. Every time I click on the January discussion, it takes me back to the very first page of the thread on mobile!! Very frustrating, logged in and back out, still doing it ! When I click on next newest, it says no new posts

Same for me. The last post I see is #320. I'm on desktop and logged out then in and no change.

stretch46 said:
Tarheel1 said:

Same for me. The last post I see is #320. I'm on desktop and logged out then in and no change.

Same here when not logged in. #320 is the last one that I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back