• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

So what are the denomination affiliations with everyone in this thread? I'm thinking several Baptist varieties Southern and IFB with some AOG and COG sprinkled in...

I'm currently wandering in the church wilderness.. have attended mostly a CoC and non-denom mega church over the last year... haven't found one I'm wanting to settle in to yet. The non-denom mega isn't going to be it for me but my wife kinda likes it and my stepson is fully engaged there. The CoC is one I've attended for years but a couple of people that I am close to were treated badly by a sect within the church and left a bad taste in my mouth after the leadership caved to the sects wishes.
This my church right here, we light Molotov cocktails and dance with em and swing snakes around! Come join us

Side note: this wild lol

So what are the denomination affiliations with everyone in this thread? I'm thinking several Baptist varieties Southern and IFB with some AOG and COG sprinkled in...

I'm currently wandering in the church wilderness.. have attended mostly a CoC and non-denom mega church over the last year... haven't found one I'm wanting to settle in to yet. The non-denom mega isn't going to be it for me but my wife kinda likes it and my stepson is fully engaged there. The CoC is one I've attended for years but a couple of people that I am close to were treated badly by a sect within the church and left a bad taste in my mouth after the leadership caved to the sects wishes.
I go to a Baptist church. But the important thing is fidelity to the Gospel.

Yep. Pretty much sums it up. We just need to do a better job spreading it to those in the thousands in false religions.
It’s sad you can’t even step back and question it. If you were born into different religious indoctrination you would be all in on the “false” religion.

Southern Baptist although we attended a CoC church here for many years before we went back to SBC. An adherence to the Gospel as the infallible word of God was the driving force behind returning to this particular church we now are members and have been for some time now.

No denomination, no affiliation, no dogma or as little as possible. No labels or judgement of others beliefs but for context to those that need them for discussion purposes I am all over the spiritual spectrum. I am a little Christian Mystic/Taoist/Pantheist which all fall in the Mystic category. It is very difficult to nail down a perfect label for me so I stopped trying and that's when my eyes finally opened up. Sounds lonely to some but it isn't. It's pure bliss and peace I have never had

Yep. Pretty much sums it up. We just need to do a better job spreading it to those in the thousands in false religions.
No offense but isn't that the very definition of judgement? How do you feel about Jews? Is that a false religion too?

It’s sad you can’t even step back and question it. If you were born into different religious indoctrination you would be all in on the “false” religion.

Says the one trolling a religious thread and wasting his time trying to irritate the brainwashed. It’s sad.

Last edited:
No offense but isn't that the very definition of judgement? How do you feel about Jews? Is that a false religion too?

While my comment was mostly a snide troll, the Bible actually says to make this Judgment. Jesus said He was the only way and then Paul said in the verse I quoted a week or so ago that knowing the terror of the Lord, we persuade men.

Announcing Jesus is the only way is controversial and offensive. It has been for the past two thousand years and has led to the martyrdom of millions.

But yes, as they stand the Jews worship God ignorantly as was first spoken by Christ, then Peter, then Stephen, then Paul and so on.

While my comment was mostly a snide troll, the Bible actually says to make this Judgment. Jesus said He was the only way and then Paul said in the verse I quoted a week or so ago that knowing the terror of the Lord, we persuade men.

Announcing Jesus is the only way is controversial and offensive. It has been for the past two thousand years and has led to the martyrdom of millions.

But yes, as they stand the Jews worship God ignorantly as was first spoken by Christ, then Peter, then Stephen, then Paul and so on.
Jesus WAS a Jew and I don't think he would call anyone ignorant. Now you say Jesus is the only way in paragraph 1 and in paragraph 2 you say announcing Jesus as the only way is offensive so which is it?

"Paul said that knowing the terror of the lord is how we persuade men"......If that's true you just made my entire argument against organized religion for me with one sentence. You worship and follow out of nothing but fear

And when Paul spoke of judging others he meant sin within the church......He was certainly right on that one!

Jesus WAS a Jew and I don't think he would call anyone ignorant. Now you say Jesus is the only way in paragraph 1 and in paragraph 2 you say announcing Jesus as the only way is offensive so which is it?

"Paul said that knowing the terror of the lord is how we persuade men"......If that's true you just made my entire argument against organized religion for me with one sentence. You worship and follow out of nothing but fear

Firstly Jesus said much worse like calling them white washed graves full of bones and also he called some of them the children of Satan.

I’m not exactly sure what you are talking about with the argument about rest of your first paragraph.

As far as worshiping out of fear is more of a yes/no answer but I’m not expounding on it as I think it has been rehashed enough.

As far as your argument goes, that is between you and the Lord, not me. We all have a path to take and one lifetime to take it. So we must make own argument and live with the consequences.

Last edited:
Firstly Jesus said much worse like calling the white washed graves full of bones and also he called some of them the children of Satan.

I’m not exactly sure what you are talking about with the argument about rest of your first paragraph.

As far as worshiping out of fear is more of a yes/no answer but I’m not expounding on it as I think it has been rehashed enough.

As far as your argument goes, that is between you and the Lord, not me. We all have a path to take and one lifetime to take it. So we must make own argument and live with the consequences.
I'm using your very own words. Is Jesus the only way or is it ignorant to suggest that? Your words I'm just curious which it is?

Back