• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

just had about 10 minutes of graupel i believe along with some heavy rain. it was round and looked exactly like dipping dots. temp fell about 6 degrees in 15 minutes. its 46.8 now.

Yeah , those storms in NGa heading into S.C., are intense! Hope they make it to my back yard!

Severe warned now! 1” hail core, radar indicated!

7 years ago
2851625fbe2cdf345e562cc9e1fb5087.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Aside from the recent basement flooding, I've enjoyed this April. Only one freeze, a couple of frosts, no real sustained heat or humidity. I'll take another dose of this for May. Going to end up around 3 degrees BN for the month temp-wise. Saw some sleet/sorta graupel one day, so call that a win for frozen precip in April I guess. Won't see even the possibility of it again until November. Hoping for a shortened heat/humid season this year.

I think the NWS dropped the ball last night, it's 34 here with some scattered Frost and I've seen some other reporting locations in the low 30s as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

39 here! Almost 30s in May! This is awesome!

Sitting at 37 here.

Edit, 34 at the end of the drive way with isolated frost and 33 about a mile away.

Last edited:
I think the NWS dropped the ball last night, it's 34 here with some scattered Frost and I've seen some other reporting locations in the low 30s as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
36 with a little frost here. When the nws discussion yesterday said "too dry for frost" I had to do a double take

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

With today's low of a quite chilly 44 (coldest in 13 days and tied for 3rd coldest of this month), KSAV's avg. low for the entire April of 2018 comes out to 52.3, which is colder than the avg. low for Feb. of 2018 of 52.5! Going back to the start of records in 1874, this has never happened and has never even come close to happening as the closest is 3.6 warmer (1990) (53.0 vs 49.4)!

34 imby this morning. Not bad for the last day in April though we have had a couple of light May frosts since I've lived here.

Ended up being the 2nd coldest April on record here. Just missed 1983 by a hair. We were at 53.5 for the month.

It was such an enjoyable April. Consider these stats for KSAV: Feb had 15 days with lows of 55+. April had only 11 and keep in mind there are 2 more days in April! The is historic, folks. I'm confident that the average dewpoint in April was comparable to that of if not lower than Feb., which is simply amazing. I savored every bit of my walking throughout the month because I knew this was a bonus and won't see anything like it again low dewpoint wise til Oct at the earliest and quite possibly not til Nov.

Last edited:
It was such an enjoyable April. Consider these stats for KSAV: Feb had 15 days with lows of 55+. April had only 11 and keep in mind there are 2 more days in April! The is historic, folks. I'm confident that the average dewpoint in April was comparable to that of if not lower than Feb., which is simply amazing. I savored every bit of my walking throughout the month because I knew this was a bonus and won't see anything like it again low dewpoint wise til Oct at the earliest and quite possibly not til Nov.

youwin.png

Back