• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
problem is they are playing one of the best qbs in NFL history.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah thats true, and also one of the best head coaches in NFL history. But I think we can give them a good game with our offense. I hope anyway.

32b18e0b257abc74b8adfd2c5c2ea805.gif

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thinkin' on all of this model and analysis today, and a tune keeps runnin' thru my brain - lyrics in part being:

Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says, "Don't you see?
Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up, you got an empty cup...

From day to day just letting it ride
You get so far away from how it feels inside
You can't let go 'cause you're afraid to fall
But the day may come when you can't feel at all
Says, "Don't you see?

Been walking all morning
Went walking all night
I can't see much difference
Between the dark and light
And I feel the wind
And I taste the rain
Never in my mind
To cause so much pain

Says, "Don't you see?

Last edited:
Honestly, who cares if it snows or not ? The Falcons are in the Super Bowl for goodness sake !
The Falcons have about a good a chance at winning the Super Bowl next weekend, as anybody S of VA seeing any frozen precip next weekend! Either one will be long odds in Vegas!

I miss the snake already. That was a really nice pic. I'm not big on Falcons avatars.
I take it you're a Saints fan ? Don't worry, the Falcons avatar is only temporary. I gotta show some love for my team over the next week.

And UK just got beat by Kansas (at home) Maybe the bathtub slosh is getting to Calipari too.
UK would have lost to South Carolina if we had Dozier in.
I wouldn't call that a fluke losing to #2.

The winter storm that I'm always going to remember the most happened in January 2014 while I was still attending college in Northwest Georgia. It wasn't even the biggest winter storm that I've ever seen but the reason that I will remember it is because of how badly the forecast ended up busting.

I remember the night before I was thinking that I'd be happy if I was able to see a dusting of snow, knowing that most of the moisture was going to affect areas to the south and southeast of me. Well, that "dusting" of snow ended up being at least what seemed to be 3-4 inches of pure powder snow because it was very cold, completely unexpected that far north in Georgia. It wasn't even expected to be that big of an event in Atlanta (well, late in the night before the storm began, it started looking like it was going to be a big deal in Atlanta), and due to this, a lot of schools that weren't in the south metro decided to keep school in session. Finally, due to the very cold temps, anything that was going to fall was going to melt but freeze immediately on the roads.

Whoops! And with that, you have the full recipe for how SnowJam...part 2 happened. It was unreal reading the news on what was going in Atlanta and just seeing the traffic map for the roads in Atlanta.

I remember before the snow started accumulating over the ice that formed on the roads, I tried to walk down the hill behind the dorms early in the event and ended up slipping and falling on what was starting to turn into an icy road. Later in the event, it was hard to tell where the road was because of how much snow ended up accumulating on top.

Just an unreal event with how cold it was with the snow falling and the fact that I even saw light blowing snow the next morning. Because of how unprepared my college was, they had to shut down completely for a day after it and they had to cancel classes for the rest of the week. The week was a blast to me, even if the food I was eating wasn't anything special (since they couldn't get food delivery trucks in). Most of my days were spent exploring outside, taking pictures of the snow, and when I wasn't outside I got to listen to music and pretty much goof off.

Speaking of the January 2014 storm. Today was the 3 year anniversary ! I must have been one of the few people who knew it was going to be a disaster on the roads because I called my job at around 8am and said I wouldn't be coming in that afternoon. They thought I was crazy lol. Well, I got the last laugh.

The Falcons have about a good a chance at winning the Super Bowl next weekend, as anybody S of VA seeing any frozen precip next weekend! Either one will be long odds in Vegas!

not even in the same country as the long odds for Miami blowing out the 'heels; oops, that happened, lol..

btw, -3 isn't long odds even on Pluto

not even in the same country as the long odds for Miami blowing out the 'heels; oops, that happened, lol..

btw, -3 isn't long odds even on Pluto
Yeah, Tarheels played like NC State today! They looked horrible! But seeing the Wolfpack beat Duke at Cameron, made my year!

I miss the snake already. That was a really nice pic. I'm not big on Falcons avatars.

I take it you're a Saints fan ? Don't worry, the Falcons avatar is only temporary. I gotta show some love for my team over the next week.

Nah, I'm actually a big Falcons fan. I was just being silly because I also have a Falcons avatar.

Well, the GFS sucked, basically a FROPA, CMC is a cutter, Euro has basically no storm, cfsv2 is a damn mega-torch, I don't think Fab Feb (JB) , is going to be close to accurate.

I'd like to humbly offer a suggestion.

How about a thread devoted to model links so that folks can add to their arsenal? I'm thinking solid stuff (like for example, TropicalTidbits), and some off-the-wall stuff (like the Brazilian) might be good.

For example, here's one I use just for quick looks when time does not allow much review - http://wxmaps.org/

Just tossin' this out there FWIW (or might be) - Phil

I'd like to humbly offer a suggestion.

How about a thread devoted to model links so that folks can add to their arsenal? I'm thinking solid stuff (like for example, TropicalTidbits), and some off-the-wall stuff (like the Brazilian) might be good.

For example, here's one I use just for quick looks when time does not allow much review - http://wxmaps.org/

Just tossin' this out there FWIW (or might be) - Phil
Where might one be able to find the pioneer model? :(

I'd be more than happy to take the Falcons and 6 for whatever if you're that confident.
Pretty sure they can cover the 6. I figure the score will be 31-14 , Patriots! Falcons used up all their good against GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back