• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to humbly offer a suggestion.

How about a thread devoted to model links so that folks can add to their arsenal? I'm thinking solid stuff (like for example, TropicalTidbits), and some off-the-wall stuff (like the Brazilian) might be good.

For example, here's one I use just for quick looks when time does not allow much review - http://wxmaps.org/

Just tossin' this out there FWIW (or might be) - Phil
If it's worth it, I defer to Staff to start the thread. If it's worth it, to keep some order, maybe a page we could just add to so it's all in one place, broken down by category so that folks could easily locate what they want (e.g. "General","Observations", "GFS/GEFS", "MJO Related", "Euro (Free)" "Teleconnections", "Silly & Off-the Wall", "College Sites", and so forth). ???????

Last edited:
lol Good luck , won't find that anywhere but JB'S basement

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I think our winter might be right there with it!

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Ezra Pound said that one needs to plagiarize so well and crafty that no one will know, or acknowledge the plagiarism so you're not a cad (words to that effect)

If we were to post 24x36 images of old storms who would be interested

I think we need a fix or hit of something good to look at!? Maybe some good surface maps as the storm was occurring!? None of those crazy clown maps!

Me - for one - my biggest (36" with 5' drifts):
Screen_Shot_2017_01_29_at_2_46_37_PM.png

I think we need a fix or hit of something good to look at!? Maybe some good surface maps as the storm was occurring!? None of those crazy clown maps!
Obviously we wouldn't do clown maps either folks own images or satellite

I guess I should have clarified. If we were to make 24x36 posters of historic storms who would be interested. Obviously at a price but not excessive

Just wanted to say this board is awesome and nice to have another board to go to. I am enjoying this one more and more. The pessimism from one poster and the sarcasm from another in every post is making the other board almost unbearable for me now.

Just wanted to say this board is awesome and nice to have another board to go to. I am enjoying this one more and more. The pessimism from one poster and the sarcasm from another in every post is making the other board almost unbearable for me now.
Get to work, Brick LOL
Hey - I'm over there a lot, but here is home now. Did you see how Burns called out Jon last night?

While there's no precip here, man is it windy and it's cloudier than I thought it'd be. If there was precip it'd be lite rain though as it's too warm.

While there's no precip here, man is it windy and it's cloudier than I thought it'd be. If there was precip it'd be lite rain though as it's too warm.
Not sure where in GA you are - but down here in G'ville FL, it's actually been January for 2 days! Enjoy ..... ;)

Get to work, Brick LOL
Hey - I'm over there a lot, but here is home now. Did you see how Burns called out Jon last night?
there is one of rhe main issues with that place . The admin is horrible . way to serious for a weather board and way too one sided towards people .

glad you feel home here. this place is 100 percent for the members

there is one of rhe main issues with that place . The admin is horrible . way to serious for a weather board and way too one sided towards people

You ain't whistlin' Dixie too loud ... LOL
Still good discussion, but we can get 'em over here ... and hopefully the good ones only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back