• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the board! Lurking is great but you are more than welcome to join in on the conversations at anytime as well.....

I will. And thanks so much. Learning a lot from you guys - y'all are so knowledgeable and hope that I can eventually have something intelligent to contribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya so uhh, welcome to 1998?

C6NPt3wVAAINSb_.jpg

Not going to clutter up the March discussion with banter - but this is more than tangential.
Nothing IMBY to look for or talk about, but I'm really hoping some of you score on this one - it's deserved!
Good luck!!!
Phil

PS - Going to keep quiet unless there's something to contribute - but will be watching ... ;)

Thankfully I passed on watching this last night. I'm pretty much smackdown stuff only. This raw crap is terrible
I haven't watched since a little after the brand split. Just too time consuming to me to watch 5 hours a week with other TV shows I could spend watching. I have been keeping up with things by reading online, and it sounds like Raw sucks except for Owens, Jericho, and the women's division. And sounds like Smackdown has been good. I wish they just had one three hour show a week and no split, or make Raw two hours. Still not sure I would watch. I might start watching again during summer when I don't have anything else to watch on theach DVR.

Now, if the Hardys come back, that would be reason to watch again. They are gone from TNA, and just won the tag title from ROH. I don't think they ever dropped the TNA title on TV, either.

Fast lane was garbage last night. I am refusing to watch Raw tonight. Will just be a SD guy until further notice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only good thing about Raw tonight could be hoe bad the crowd heckles Goldberg and Reigns.

I gave up on wrestling for the most part I guess. If I remember, I'll turn it on sometimes. I'll watch something like Wrestlemania though since the talent really tries their hardest to put on a good show there.

I'm a bit older now and miss the legends. Not a PG era fan. Attitude era was fun when they have legit competition for ratings. But lets be real, in the Attitude era, the superstar power was much much more than it's ever going to be again with this new generation and future talent. It's not coming back.

I gave up on wrestling for the most part I guess. If I remember, I'll turn it on sometimes. I'll watch something like Wrestlemania though since the talent really tries their hardest to put on a good show there.

I'm a bit older now and miss the legends. Not a PG era fan. Attitude era was fun when they have legit competition for ratings. But lets be real, in the Attitude era, the superstar power was much much more than it's ever going to be again with this new generation and future talent. It's not coming back.
Same with boxing :(
and most other sports after college - too slick :oops:

If the Hardys come back they have to do the broken gimmick from TNA that stuff was awesome.

I really dislike Reigns and I wish they would just stop. Maybe do an injury angle and get him off TV for a while. Until they do these 50/50 crowds will continue.

Like you said Shawn the talent gives 100% at most PPVS but poor booking really craps on their efforts.

I bought UFC 209 Saturday and it was pretty bad as well. I used to get excited for UFC PPVS now I'm usually underwhelmed when I watch them.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Does anyone believe that history repeats itself, or that karma has something to do with the journey?
If so - a brief story.
My wife's spring break starts in 2 weeks. We've never had her with a spring break that one last big cold shot didn't come in. Not ever - in 20 years.
So - we're headed over to Cedar Key for 4 days. Beach, oysters, tooling around ...
Given that:
Betting that the SE gets dumped and we see sleet at Cedar Key ...
If history is inclined to repeat ....
LOL :p

(so don't give up - yet!)

If the Hardys come back they have to do the broken gimmick from TNA that stuff was awesome.

I really dislike Reigns and I wish they would just stop. Maybe do an injury angle and get him off TV for a while. Until they do these 50/50 crowds will continue.

Like you said Shawn the talent gives 100% at most PPVS but poor booking really craps on their efforts.

I bought UFC 209 Saturday and it was pretty bad as well. I used to get excited for UFC PPVS now I'm usually underwhelmed when I watch them.

I miss the old days of chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, captain America, rich franklin and of course the spider in his prime.

Yeah, the Broken Matt Hardy gimmicks is great. They said they want to get all the tag titles, so I can see them leaving ROH after a couple of months and head to WWE. Matt Hardy vs Bray Wyatt would be an awesome feud.

Oh, and Matt Hardy tried to flirt with my wife once at Southpoint Mall in Durham.

If you dislike Roman now, you're really gonna dislike him cause of the fact that he's facing the Undertaker at Mania lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back