• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jalapeño July

12z gfs......bitching ends Friday
595e44fb392e0df5d54b28d009404a2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
That downsloping tho! :(

Since I figured it was kind of funny, it's rained 3 straight days (not including today and I think I didn't mention it one of the times) and here are the totals for those 3 straight days:
.29"
.29"
2.29"

I'm not greedy, I would love a solid thunderstorm with 1" of rain! It's been 30 days plus , since that's happened and Birmingham gets like 3-5" a day! :(
Just want to share in the wealth!

Looks like the bowling alley and businesses in that same shopping area have flooded again along highway 31 in Vestavia. Todays flood made it south to my area. The Cahaba River behind highway 150 in the Hoover area is also out of its banks. Still at work in Homewood but a friend who lives about a mile from me said we had two inches in an hour. May have been heavier in the Vestavia and central Hoover areas. I had been dry for five days then BOOM! today. Hopefully it all recedes before I go home. Will be traversing the exact path of that storm to get to the house.

Looks like the bowling alley and businesses in that same shopping area have flooded again along highway 31 in Vestavia. Todays flood made it south to my area. The Cahaba River behind highway 150 in the Hoover area is also out of its banks. Still at work in Homewood but a friend who lives about a mile from me said we had two inches in an hour. May have been heavier in the Vestavia and central Hoover areas. I had been dry for five days then BOOM! today. Hopefully it all recedes before I go home. Will be traversing the exact path of that storm to get to the house.
Lol the bowling alley has been flooding for 20 plus years. Can't for the life of me figure out why the city hasn't brought in an engineer to fix the problem

Well if it does not happen Friday it won't for quite a while. After Friday our CWA looks to be almost completely dry through next Wednesday.

Lol the bowling alley has been flooding for 20 plus years. Can't for the life of me figure out why the city hasn't brought in an engineer to fix the problem

Isn't that the truth. The Engineer would be a lot cheaper than cleanup and replacing every couple years. Tough area between the hills and the large creek running adjacent to the area.

Today's storms have missed me so far but my dad said he found some minor flooding on the other side of town, which got absolutely dumped on, again.

Well if it does not happen Friday it won't for quite a while. After Friday our CWA looks to be almost completely dry through next Wednesday.
I think Friday holds good potential for us. You have a decent jet nosing in, divergence aloft, 850 mb trough to the west, plenty of shortwave energy to provide a focus, pwats increasing.

The negatives are they potential for morning clouds to crap out instability, the surface trough to out run tnt dynamics leaving us with meh on the instability front.

As you said though if areas miss out its probably Thursday of next week before rain chances go back up

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Current yard status...crispy you can see the forsythia withered in the background
02ad77e72cbec27062321b264cc9e6e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I have a chance at overnight/am tstorms! We get so many afternoon storms, this should be awesome!

Back